how 'bout them engraving benches?

spank7357

Elite Cafe Member
vermilion, ohio (on lake erie) and Inverness, Fla.
K, WOW! All this info comes after a very simple question was posed. That's why this forum is a success. I have enjoyed your thread and learned something in the process. I do have one question though. I went looking on two jewelry supplier's websites for a "shimpo banding wheel" to no avail. I'd like to know more since I am in need of a turntable. Best Regards, Dave "spank" Spanski

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's because they're not (generally considered) engraving gear - she mentioned that it was a pottery item and a quick search turns up this link to the maker and a lot of hits from pottery sites.

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
Rex, thanks for the tip, that would be just my luck to drop something down the post. I'll put some sort of cover on it (under the flower, of course. I tossed the flower on there as a joke, but I like it so much I decided it needs to stay there!).

Dave, I went to a local ceramics supply store to get mine (http://www.alphafiredarts.com/ go to "products" and type in "banding wheel"). But if you just google it you should find plenty of stores that carry them.

-Katherine