Announcement: Happy birthday Engraver's Cafe - 6 years!

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday Cafe!
I'm really proud of being a member of this Great community.
Sam, With your forums, I met many of great artists of engraving and visit their wonderful works!
I'm sure this community has been established with lots of love and interest from you and your friends, that's why everybody get good Influence! :tiphat:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A huge thanks to Sam!

And a huge thank you to our administrators. What a gift they all give us in keeping the whole thing operating in a civilized manner. It is a labor of love.

I deeply appreciate all the postings in this international forum, whether it be newcomers making their first tentative steps, all the way up to the master engravers who generously post their work here, and also give great advice to those on their way up.

Rod

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hard to believe six years. Back in the beginning most of us hung out at Fine Embellishment at Knifenetwork.com, the Hand Engraving Group on MSN message board. A few were on the Lindsay forum but it was solely for users of those tools at that time (real focused product support type place)lurking was allowed-All had great stuff to starving for inter-personal inter-action hand engravers. We have seen several of our early group go under. Many who were constant participants no longer seem to be active. Several of that early group who were major contributors are now rank and file lurkers for the most part.

The Café' has been a great place for me to hang out. I have had to meet quit a few of our not so little family at various functions. It is a great group of people.

I would add a couple of suggestions to some of those who joined along the line might not remember. Don't forget the Search function, many issues have been discussed before by different members with different answers-Don"t overlook the various tabs at the top of the page-Tips,Achieves. Galleries, Interview. Tutorials, etc. The participant created tutorials are great, Always worth a look.

Like to thank Sam and Abby for their creating, providing nearly 100% of the cost, their management of the project, and the long distance friendship. Thanks to the moderators for handling a great deal of the day to day. A special special thank you to each of you for sharing your thoughts, works, encouragement and advise.

Job well done to all who have been here-old, new, master,journeyman, newbie, and of course Our Customers
Fred Marrinan
Albany GA and other points of more interest

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm proud to be one of the original Forum "plank owners" (All non-Navy types will not get this reference!). The Forum started only 3 months after I bought my first engraving tools. The timing could not have been more fortuitous! This Forum and the early tips section was a godsend to me at the time. I learned so much from the posts from masters from all over the world that it really encouraged me to continue my rather rough early engraving pursuits. It was the infectious excitement I felt from reading other engravers plans to meet in Reno for the convention, that convinced me to attend the very next year. I've never regretted that decision and I haven't missed a Convention since.

The explosion of participation in this Forum is proof enough in it's constant validity and worth to engravers all around the world. May it continue to grow and keep it's vitality in the years to come!