Announcement: Happy birthday Engraver's Cafe - 6 years!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I'm a few days late with the birthday announcement, but Abigail and I have been overseas.

So here it is, 6 years old, 16-million+ page views, and over 6,700 members. Fantastic growth, and the credit goes to all of the members who are so generous with their photos, tips, and helpful information. Without you, this site would be nothing, and I sincerely appreciate all you have done to make the Cafe what it is today!

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Such a cool place to hang out! Thanks for setting it up, Sam! I've "met" such neat, helpful folks here, too!

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks

Hi, Sam without your Forum I would never have even tryed engraving. Now I have a whole new thing in my life to work on. :happyvise:

The members have provided unfailing support.Thanks again!!!:tiphat:

So I thankyou very much!!!! Thanks to all the wonderful folks who have answered my new guy questions.:bow:

scott99 :happyvise: :banana: :bow: :tiphat:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I remember Sam telling me that the post would slow down, doesn't seem that they ever did. It's hard to believe it's been 6 years since it started.:clapping::tiphat:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I figured we'd reach saturation in 30 days, Mike. Who would have thunk this would happen?!

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
I am proud that I became a part of this wonderful place of high level exchange of experience and knowledge, and of course a friendly communication

Happy Birthday, Engraver's Cafe !!!

Last edited:

mrthe

Happy Birthday !, i have to say that i have find heare very good friends and not only great artists,thaks to all for make this site a second home (or workshop hehehe) to a lot of use,this Forum is an invaluable treasure for all people that love this Art !
Thank you Sam to make this possible!

Andrew Biggs

It's hard to believe that 6 years have gone by. Looking forward to another 6 years.

Sam has created a great place for us to gather, chat and share our wonderful profession.

Thank you.

Cheers
Andrew

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Proud

To all,
Happy birthday to all who participate in the forum. Specialthanks to ye all helpful moderators and to the Benevolent Dictator! :tiphat:
Without this wonderful place a lot of contacts andfriendships would never exist. Then the level of today’s engravings is directlylinked with the promotion of the trade through the discussions and presentationson this platform.:thumbsup:

I am proud to be member of this community.

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
Happy birthday and it's a honor to belong to such a great group of people!
And special thanks to Sam, who makes it happen.

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
I can remember that nasty question the board-system asked me, when I tried to register:
"The engraver turns the .... around" (or something similar) - what the heck do i no?! My English did not exist at that time and it took me half a day to find it out. So this was the first lesson...
...but i made it, hooray!

So here i am and i say: All the very best to Abigail and Sam and all of you, who made my days!

:clapping: Mario

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Congratulations Sam and all who make this forum possible.:tiphat:

For centuries hand engravers have worked in solitude and obscurity but thanks to this forum we have an international community. I especially want to thank all of those who post here who do not have English as a primary language and yet take the time and effort to translate their thoughts and words into English and post images of their work. The extra effort is appreciated.

This forum has been a great asset to my research and was a big help in assembling my latest book. I'm sure it will continue to be helpful as I work on my next offering.

Thanks again to Sam, Abby, Andrew, Monk, and Tira for your efforts. :clapping:

Best regards,
Roger

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'd be remiss if i didn't reply here. i could use a truckload of words to simply "mirror" what everyone else has said. they say everyone can make a difference if they care to. and so, i salute the landlord, sam, who has made a huge "difference" in the lives of thousands. and to abigail who has kept sam motivated to do all this.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
I think it will be appropriate for me to introduce my self at this time, some of you already know me from the other forums, I have been reading posts for about 18 months now and learning bit by bit, I have learned a lot from every body here, from the tutorials, tips archive, this is a great place to be part of and I thank Sam for letting me join this world of engraving knowledge, and every body else for helping us beginners understand this wonderful art, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY every body,

Richard.

Sponsors