Graver Geometry - Color Lines?

vondershred

These courses make a great excuse to take a vacation in the USA and then travel around a while.
Funny you should say that, because I promised my girlfriend we’re going to the States this year. Hope I can deliver, haha. I see you’re from NC! I have no idea how to plan this vacation since there’s too many ground to cover in two-three weeks… and there’s a lot we want to see that’s so far apart…

Tristan.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Funny you should say that, because I promised my girlfriend we’re going to the States this year. Hope I can deliver, haha. I see you’re from NC! I have no idea how to plan this vacation since there’s too many ground to cover in two-three weeks… and there’s a lot we want to see that’s so far apart…

Tristan.
Maybe you can plan to make the 2025 Firearms Engravers Guild of America annual show, meeting, and free class in Las Vegas next January. If you do, bring a towel to wipe the drool off your face as you look at the incredible engraved items displayed. If you like magicians, some of the best in the world have shows in Las Vegas. http://fega.com/about/conventionb.asp. The FEGA website also has lots of engraving castings at reasonable prices. They are a good way to study how experienced engravers design and execute their works. In addition, FEGA offers a HOW-TO BOOK that is a gold mine of tips and tricks to aid your engraving. The book is only $25 [free to members]. The FEGA quarterly magazine The Engraver is worth the price of membership. In the FEGA website shopping tab under books, you will find a book called Engraving Historic Firearms by John Schippers. This is a great book for several reasons. I includes lots of mechanical explanations about how to engraver in addition to the discussions of historic American engraving patterns. Many of these were based upon those used in Europe, but they do not include the so-called Fine English Scroll that is so prized today. At 460 pages and over 2000 photos and illustrations, it is a great bargain.

Latest posts

Sponsors