Garage News: Train-the sequel

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Lee, if the species is important to you I think if you add a bit of red gold it would become just another robin.

Bob

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bob, in this case the species is not at all important. I was simply looking for some color in that part of the canvas and thought a bird on the branch would be nice. I didn't even know the species. I'm blaming everything on Ben, Hoss, and little Joe. If it wasn't for them Carson City could be anywhere.

Last edited:

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Lee that is truely top shelf work I only wish I could scratch a 1/4 that good but I have to say I looked at it for sometime to get my head around it then it come to me, Back in those day men rode high in the saddle but must have been short in their boots to walk under the signs :biggrin:;) (Just a scale thing engineers eye ) and as for the bird who cares it's a bird.
NICE WORK
Ray

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
I was surprised that anyone thought that Bobs comments were anything more than joking . I do know that some customers are very particular about the anatomy of animals in a scene because it's there passion. It is important in many cases to get the landscape and the anatomy for game scenes and such correct. Lee it is true also that if you haven't been to a place toi know what the landscape looks like than you do have to research it a lot to get things correct if it's required by the customer.

I have asked the Italian engravers many times why they insist on putting European woodcocks on an gun for the American market. I also ask why they have pointing dogs pointing ducks for this market. I have told them that the American Woodcock doesn't have all the markings of the European one and it would be less work as well. It's also a smaller bird as well. They just do what they have always done. So what can yolu do.

Lee that is a beautiful Job as always . Personally I didn't thinnk it was a bird anyway I thought it was a bee.;) :thumbsup::thumbsup: two thumbs up.

Chris

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
this thread reminds me of the infamous Jane Goodall/Far Side cartoon incident.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-4637-the-far-side/ (scroll down a few items on the page...)

my own take is that the bird's at a train station, fer crissakes. he could've rode in from anywhere. :)

Last edited:

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Bob and Lee and others

After re looking at my post on this subject I want to offer a sincere apology. I can see that bob is only bantering/joking with Lee and it was late for me when I posted what I said. I hope you guys can forgive me for even putting in my 2 cents. Again Lee I always appreciate your work and love seeing it on Sam's Forum. I am sure it takes allot of your's and others time to post pictures of your hand Engraving Art. If you did not I would not get to look at you and others many talents.
Keep up the great work

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
For my part Bill I'd say don't worry about it, I often rub people the wrong way. I suppose if I spent more time working on engraving I would irritate fewer people. Do you suppose if I ask for donations for practice materials and if I promised to stay out of the engraving forums and bathe regularly do you think I'd clean up? Man I may have finally come up with a get rich quick scheme that may work, do you think it's legal, sounds a little like extortion. Anybody want my PayPal address? :biggrin:

Bob

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
I see sales is not your forte. Those are not rusty practice plates, they are previously textured with a subtle natural patina. What's my commission?

Bob

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Lee
You did your research . The black headed Oriole and many others were indigenous to all western states prior to the invention of the bb gun and the wanton destruction of their native habitat. And the proliferation of feral cats. If only had our illustrious leader been born back in the 1800's maybe, just maybe he could have added the bb gun to the assault rifle lists and saved the good 'ol U S of A from the indiscriminate slaughter of the black headed oriole so that many a western child could wake up each morning to their sweet melodies.
But , alas, history saw fit to place him in today's society to rectify our mistakes.
Please show your support and sign the attached petition to ban the sale , use or possession of any bb gun with a capacity exceeding 2 bbs.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The fight calmed down enough to post a photo. I will still tweak it a bit but it is basically done. Now for some fun. I've noticed that we have some rather eloquent bards and first-rate liars - sorry that should be story tellers so let's see who can come up with some whoppers.

-what annoyed our chair juggler. I personally think it was the fellow with the girl...but it was not the girl thing, he brought in the bird and carelessly let the little fellow get loose.
-sombrero Pedro.....what is his story
-piano player...is that a broken nose
-buckskin joe and faithful companion
-staircase Kate...could she be changing sheets for traveling preacher
-how did the back of the chair get broken anyhow
-is the scattergun an H&H or a Purdey.........STOEGER

I'm sure there is more

Attachments

• DSC_0137 (2).jpg
    DSC_0137 (2).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 74

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Who cares if his nose is broken, somebody should tune that piano or break his fingers, wait a minute, is that you Lee?

Bob

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee Graffiti

Real nice work on the scene Lee, perhaps you are spelling your name the wrong way and should it be Lee Graffiti :biggrin:

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors