Critique Request first basic scroll drawing..

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Ok, I know you and I don't understand each other well but I do not understand what you are doing. Do you feel the example you have given Jared a proper scroll? It may be a bit more aesthetically pleasing than the original but is it a good example, would you use to it teach someone to draw scrolls? Perhaps I am far too deep in left field and should leave it to others to help for I am unable to understand how such an example will provide a positive learning experience for a beginning engraver.

Bob

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
I understand , Bob that's a good point. From what was pointed out by Andrew what I drew was not scroll. But showing me how I should have executed what I did draw helps. And Bob I always enjoy your participation in my post. You help more than you realize..

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
I really believe the issue is in my own follies . I always have the tendency to skim the basics and go straight for the hard stuff, it has worked OK in the past, but as I find out engraving is very different. I am finding out that there is no shortcuts. One has to learn the utmost basics. This is something I am fighting myself on. I'm doing nothing but hurting myself with hard headed antics .