Critique Request * Fine Scroll practice

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Layne, thank you for the technical information about the shading and the second cut.
Now that you explain it I see what you did on yours. I was thinking it should be repetitive but the first ones does have to break the repetition, "instead of forming a Tendril with two cuts for every one, leave off the second cut every couple of tendrils in order to form more of a leaf"
Thing is, when you would not have explained that, I could think you have a bad repetition. I tried to make all first cuts the same, so it seems I don't have to do that, not even equal spacing as the second cut or if not, can fix the harmony?

Anyway, I probably will cut the real thing the way I did it now, I need Marcus book if I would like to do it like the real English tradition.

arnaud

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Looking good Arnaud, be nice when you get the book to see those small technical details..then again, if you decide to do it different that's your choice :)
There is always a traditional way, if you learn it you can change it abit so long as you name it differently.
You'll never please every traditionalist but no doubt yourself & customers come first, & that won't be difficult.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris, yes you are right about starting the traditional way and sure I'm curious about that and will do that.
Thing is I have seen that many different ways cutting EFS that was also comment by Marcus. So even having some info on the technical traditional details I got from others who have the book already, it is still confusing what is what.

At the moment I'm cutting the style with the most repetitive leaves, I know that ain't the traditional way but Looks great and a bit more modern to suit what I needed it for at the moment.
I think it is a big difference when one does the traditional EFS on a hunting gun or a lets say "Armani buckle" or a "Hugo Boss"

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I finished one part, working on a Sunday to finish it on Tuesday. I am very pleased with the result. The item is high polished Ti grade5

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I probably f*cked up the balls (scroll ends) on the previous one. SO this one looks more like a ball.
Could anyone who has Marcus book tell me how the ball (scroll ends) should be finished?

I understand it must be something like 1 back cut.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have the info now about the ball cut. Got it by PM, thanks. After all it wasn't that wrong in the first place.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors