Engraved Lion Progression

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Marty,

This is a very nice job.
I have a couple of questions. How long did it take to do the lion in this style? I am also wondering why you chose not to engrave the whiskers at the muzzle. Lastly , Do you have a photo of the entire floorplate in metal that you could post?

Thanks,

Chris

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I more than likely will not have time to make any castings until this winter as I get ready for the FEGA meeting in Reno.

I plan to bring the floor plate with me to my class in Emporia so my students can take a closer look at it and I can demonstrate how I do whiskers in the Lion. They do have to be very subtle or they can have a cartoonish effect. As an artist you must know how and what to exaggerate and subdue in order to give "life" to what you are drawing or engraving. You cannot always approach everything with a fixed formula approach as every subject is different and is every day. This is how you as an artist can show your individuality

Thanks again for all of your kind words and PM's

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another one very well done.:clapping:

Anyone wanting to know more about art and building scenes would be well served to spend some time with Marty. If his class still has some openings and you can, you should jump on it.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Lee. We have spent many hours over the years discussing art, aesthetics and engraving techniques over the years including how to approach drawing/engraving classes together. It's always been fun.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I talked to Aaron yesterday. There are a lot of openings left. Sign up and lefts get started drawing. With the number currently in the class I'm scared I won't have enough blood and sweat for an entire week with Marty.

Come on guys SIGN UP please!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I will always leave just enough blood and sweat for you to make it back home and practice, practice, practice. Have a safe trip to class and I will see you and the others next week. We'll have a fun busy week.
:pencil::graver::thumbsup:

Latest posts

Sponsors