Engraved Harley Davidson Softail Project Completed

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Thank-you guys. It really means a lot. Not very many folks outside of this forum have seen it since I'm in such a rural area (and a hermit). So many are posting such inspirational work and answering questions here in the forum, I'm really happy knowing that I've accomplished something that can inspire and help others as well.

I'm really amazed at how much information regarding metal prep, design & layout, engraving techniques and finishing can be applied to motorcycles, jewelry and firearms.

Funny thing about black ... it does make the engraving stand out but it makes the entire bike so suttle that folks just walk by it and don't notice a thing. I get a kick out of that.

To answer your question Dennis ... I was mesmerized by the plating that the folks in Grafton, Ohio did. It looks like glass that could shatter.

Tira ... the honor would be mine. Might be trailering it up to Newport, RI in August. I'd ride it but the days of riding an uncomfortable park bench at 70mph for more than a couple of hours are drawing to a close.:) I'm gonna have to figure out those flames you do ... never done 'em before.

Carl, had to let that idea fester a bit. These things shake so much, lines like that wouldn't hold up. HOWEVER ... the pushrod tubes would be perfect. Time to send the old ones out to be stripped .. OR .. making them out of copper would be easy. Just cut 'em and flare the ends .... brilliant idea!! No intermediary adhession copper plate necessary and the bright cuts would shine!!

Thank again,

Chris

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors