Custom Rifle by Steven Cale of West Virginia

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hi Brian!!

You know there is wisdom in many of your words. Like when you mentioned that things don't necessarily need to be engraved.

As engravers, we are all biased and I have given those words a lot of thought ... it has definitely helped me to appreciate the beauty in craftsmanship of things. ... and also to be certain that I can do the canvas justice before the pencil hits the paper.

Seth,

That's a Jewell trigger.

Chris

Andrew Biggs

Like when you mentioned that things don't necessarily need to be engraved.

Wash your mouth out :)

it has definitely helped me to appreciate the beauty in craftsmanship of things

I agree with you Chris. When you start creating beauty you start developing an appreciation of what others are creating, especially in related subjects and arts. This in turn also helps bring beauty back to our own work benches and can provide inspiration for what we do.

cheers
Andrew

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Anytime Seth.

Mike, Kevin ...

.... It's my pleasure to show Steve's work. As I mentioned, my part was small. Steve hit a home run with the choice of caliber, wood, trigger, ability to blue a pretty well polished piece of stainless .... and the patent pending, fabricated parts he has on this. Personally, I love the thin, shotgun style comb and just holding it ... you knew it was done right.

I gotta say .... real good for a hillbilly. He might have priced himself out of the local market but that's OK as far as I'm concerned!! We're in the same boat now. LOL!

Last edited:

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Chris, very sharp inlay work indeed, though I know little about rifles and guns in general this one looks expensive....:banana: