bracelet

jack

Lets see if I got this right. You are still working at the store. You are building your new shop. And you are doing this great engraving. I take it you don't sleep. Ha. Jack

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
That daffodil just pops out of there, very nice Shawn. Looks to be quite wide 1 1/2"?

Peter

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn, I would like to express my utter amazement in the shading of this bracelet. Assuming that there is no Photoshop magic or spotlight highlighting you have achieved something quit extraordinary. The three flower montage in the center is shaded in such a way that they are a different color that the surrounding scroll work. The daffodil is definitely yellow, the sun flowers are a different shade of yellow. The other flowers throughout the scroll work not so much but the centerpiece is quit extraordinary. I have experimented with changes in shading and angles of cutting and density of shading cuts for a long time to create color in black and silver. Mostly look like a hodgepodge of cuts. congratulations on something very special. Now if you can repeat the colors in other works what a marvelous achievement. Fred

mrthe

What do you mean with a shading dvd?
The Latest Sam's dvd for example explain to you how shading,i haven't his drawing scrolls DVD but i think that he show in it the theory too of shading.

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was in new mexico a few weeks ago and gave a brief talk about how I view scroll design and my method toward shading.
one of the forum members that was at that class was stewart w....aka(bronc).
you might ask him what he thought about my views and thoughts about design and shade.
I don't do anything different than anyone else.....maybe just explain it in a different way.
sometime in march I will be teaching a class on scroll design and shading...as time gets closer I will give you a date and more info about the class if you are interested.
again thanks for your kind words

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was in new mexico a few weeks ago and gave a brief talk about how I view scroll design and my method toward shading.
one of the forum members that was at that class was stewart w....aka(bronc).
you might ask him what he thought about my views and thoughts about design and shade.
I don't do anything different than anyone else.....maybe just explain it in a different way.
sometime in march I will be teaching a class on scroll design and shading...as time gets closer I will give you a date and more info about the class if you are interested.
again thanks for your kind words

You sure have come a long way... found some of your old posts some time ago, congratulations hope to be in your shoes some day.

Carlos De La O III

Salvi

This is a wonder. Fantastic floral composition and amazing shading. Master piece!

Latest posts

Sponsors