Boker -engraving .

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi again,

I am busy these days so I will try to do the translations (both ways) for Rod and Antonio in the weekend.

Arnaud,
Your translator did an awful job but really funny to read!:D
Anyway it is possible to extract the main ideas. Many thanks for your effort!

Best regards, Leonardo.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Leonardo,

You are a good friend to offer your services in this way, thank you!

Please, do not rush to do this until you have some time to spare.

Still hoping to get back to Barcelona, and meet up with you, Leonardo!

best

Rod

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Leonardo, indeed after translating the Spanish text back to Dutch I noticed it came out different than I meant.
But as you said, the main idea stays a bit :D

arnaud

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use Google's Language Tools when I need a robo-translator and based on their 'other language to English' I know I'm sounding very strange in another language.

But it's still better than I can do by myself, and people tend to be very understanding.

Antonio, like the others I hope you stick around. You've taken acid etching way beyond anything I've ever seen before.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Steve, I also use Google translating, for some words in English I don't know the spelling or word.
My Spanish attempt was only to show my respect to Antonio, make him stay to share his nice work. And of course I understand the reaction of Antonio, only a pity that is was caused by only one Cafe member. :mad:

So I also agree with you that Antonio needs to be respected.

arnaud

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Hello friends:

Thank you all for participation. I use a translator as he always did in the forums and I hope that my words are understood enough.

Arnaud friend:
The translation has not been very good, but I understand a part of your message.

To all my friends, thank you very much.:)

Montejano
----
Gracias a todos por la participación . Utilizo un traductor como he hecho siempre en los foros y espero que se comprendan mis palabras lo suficiente .

Amigo Arnaud :
La traducción no ha sido muy buena , pero he comprendido una parte de su mensaje .

A todos los amigos , muchas gracias .

Montejano

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Steve, I also use Google translating, for some words in English I don't know the spelling or word.
My Spanish attempt was only to show my respect to Antonio, make him stay to share his nice work. And of course I understand the reaction of Antonio, only a pity that is was caused by only one Cafe member. :mad:

So I also agree with you that Antonio needs to be respected.

arnaud
------

Friend Arnaud :

Thank you for your interest in continuing participation in this forum. You are right and I will continue here. I hope to make friends and learn a lot in this forum.

All you can having me as a friend.
Thank you.

Antonio
-------

Amigo Arnaud :

Gracias por su interés en que siga participando en este foro . Tiene usted razón y yo seguiré en este foro . Espero hacer amigos y aprender mucho en este foro .

Todos ustedes pueden tenerme como amigo .
Gracias .

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Antonio, welcome, glad you are back.
And as you said, art is not just one discipline.
Sharing our skills and interests is where it is all about.
Only that way Art improves

Antonio, bienvenido, se le alegra volver.
Y como usted ha dicho, el arte no es sólo una disciplina.
Compartir nuestros conocimientos e intereses que es que se trata.
Sólo de esa manera mejora el Arte

arnaud

arnaud

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Senor Montejano
My profound apologies. I do have a tendency to shot from the lip. I am embarrassed. Your work is museum quality. There is nothing in my work that approaches what you have done.
Please accept my apology for my foolish words.
Kevin P.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
I would like to thank Leonardo for all his effort in this fracas.
Leonardo is a gentleman of extreem good will.
And a big welcome back Antonio.
We are all fortunate that you reconsidered.
You are valued and we need all the friends and skill we can get.
Best regards to you both. John B.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Senor Montejano
My profound apologies. I do have a tendency to shot from the lip. I am embarrassed. Your work is museum quality. There is nothing in my work that approaches what you have done.
Please accept my apology for my foolish words.
Kevin P.

------------

Mr Kevin:

I hope it works well language translator. Anyway my dear friend Don Cowles or Leonardo may correct the words are not spelled correctly.

Sometimes we are impulsive in our comments and although we have no intention to offend or hurt the sensibilities of others, eventually we do.

Now I read your words, when you apologized and you acknowledge that your comments were not appropriate.
When a person publicly acknowledged his error, deserves my respect. The human being has the ability to recognize and correct their mistakes.

I believe in freedom of expression, but always in good ways. You can look at my works and comment on them. But if you do not want to participate in a future in my post, you are free to do.

I would say that I accept your apologies and would like to extend my hand and offer my sincere friendship :). I want to make friends here and enjoy all of the engraving.

Maybe you and I, we have not had a good start, but I am open to doing a good friendship with you, as also with other friends.

Regards

Antonio

----------------------

Señor Kevin :
Espero que funcione bien le traductor de idiomas .DE todas formas mi estimado amigo Don Cowles o Leonardo , podrán corregir las palabras que no estén bien escritas .
A veces somos impulsivos en nuestros comentarios y aunque no tenemos intención de ofender o herir la sensibilidad de otras personas , finalmente lo hacemos .
Ahora he leido sus palabras , donde me pide disculpas y usted reconoce que no fueron apropiados sus comentarios .
Cuando una persona reconoce publicamente su error , merece todo mi respeto . El ser humano tiene la capacidad de corregir y reconocer sus equivocaciones .
Yo creo en la libertad de expresión , pero siempre con buenas formas .Usted puede mirar mis trabajos y opinar de ellos . Pero si usted desea no participar en un futuro en mis post , usted es libre de hacerlo .

Deseo decirle que acepto sus disculpas y aprovecho para extender mi mano y ofrecerle mi amistad sincera . Yo deseo hacer amigos en este foro y disfrutar todos del grabado .

Quizás usted y yo , no hemos tenido un buen comienzo , pero por mi parte estoy abierto a hacer una buena amistad con usted , como también con el resto de amigos.

Un cordial saludo

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
I would like to thank Leonardo for all his effort in this fracas.
Leonardo is a gentleman of extreem good will.
And a big welcome back Antonio.
We are all fortunate that you reconsidered.
You are valued and we need all the friends and skill we can get.
Best regards to you both. John B.

------------------------

John Friend:

I also wish to thank Leonardo for their assistance. I hope that in the subsequent post can understand my words.

Thanks John for being my friend.

Antonio
---------------

Amigo John :

Yo también deseo agradecer a Leonardo su ayuda . Confío que en los post sucesivos se puedan comprender mis palabras .

Gracias John por ser mi amigo .

Antonio

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Antonio M.
I am truly impressed with gold knife and your setting and inlay. I'm a stone and Diamond
setter. The work on the gold knife is extremely good.

The etching is some of the best I ever seen. Welcome to the forum.

Talk to ya later,
Jim

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Antonio M.
I am truly impressed with gold knife and your setting and inlay. I'm a stone and Diamond
setter. The work on the gold knife is extremely good.

The etching is some of the best I ever seen. Welcome to the forum.

Talk to ya later,
Jim
-------------------

Hi Jim:

Thanks for the words and participation. I am glad to be here and learn a lot from you. But I also hope to make friends. :)
Un saludo

Antonio

----------------------

Hello Jim:

Thanks by the words and by the participation. I am happy to be able to be in this and to learn a lot of you. But also desire to do friendships. A greeting

Antonio

---------------
Hola Jim:

Gracias por las palabras y por la participación . Estoy alegre de poder estar en este y aprender mucho de ustedes . Pero también deseo hacer amistades .
Un saludo

Antonio

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
John,
You are welcome but there is nothing to thank for.
You are one of the person that always have the right words for each situation and also you are always willing to help to all of us! Great congrats for your new Elite 1000 Member status!
All the best, Leonardo.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,

I am glad of being considered a friend and also being of some help from time to time.
I will be waiting for you with that glass of wine ready for making a big toast!:beerchug:

Kind regards, Leonardo.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Here is the Rod’s post translated to Spanish.

Rod dijo:

Antonio,

Solo se unas cuantas palabras en Español, con su permiso escribo en Inglés.

Pienso que hablo por la gran mayoría de miembros de iGraver al decir que estoy contentísimo y encantado de ver el grado artístico y de ejecución representado en su maravilloso trabajo y la fina fotografía que nos permite apreciarlo cercanamente. Ud. ha ciertamente habierdo mis ojos a un nuevo nivel de excelencia en ornamentación. Nosotros sabemos que hay una coincidencia o superposición en muchas artes y oficios y estamos honrados de ser capaces de apreciar la suya.
Aparte del hecho de que grabadores de nivel mundial algunas veces usen grabado ácido para hacer bajorrelieve, un procedimiento de precisión cualificado de definición de los bordes de área, su trabajo verdaderamente me expone a un grado de arte que es bastante nuevo para mi interpretación, así que gracias por esto.

Yo no titubeo en publicar información en este foro que no es estrictamente grabado, pero relacionado a él, porque siento que todos podemos apreciar el ancho campo que excita nuestra musa y nos permite ver más profundo y a lo lejos. Por ejemplo, yo he publicado fotografías de plata incrustada en madera dura porque creo que es interesante para los grabadores echar una mirada por arriba de la “valla del jardín” y quizás tener nuevas ideas.

Así que, por favor, continúe permitiéndonos ver su trabajo!! Su arte es muy inspirador y, si Ud. me perdonara la expresión, es realmente de una calidad “cutting edge”, como se dice en Inglés.

Los mejores deseos!

Rod.

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Translation.

Here is the Montejano’s post translated to English.

Friends John and Andrew,
First of all, thanks for your friendship because my participation in several forums since some years. Over what one can show in a forum are the personal relationships. I owe to the forums very important friendships and you are among these ones.

Friends Ron and Rod, (as all the others friends of the forum),
Thanks for your words and participation.
I desire to make some reflections:
My thought is that each engraver or craftsman is an important piece of puzle in the world of the art; does not exist any technique that can be considered more important or over than the others. Each one contribute to advance in the personal development, as persons and professionals.
When a technique is taken to a high level (I do not say perfection because it does not exist) may astonish us engravers or art experts.
When talented people join together sharing works, techniques and personal ideas, become a profit for all.

My Country granted to me the title of Master Engraver in the year 2000. I thought that I was very good in my specialty, because the execution of my technique and the absence in my country of others "Strong water" engravers (the important school of cutlery engravers disappear).
But I was very wrong. I began to participate in international forums and to see exceptional burin engravers (Sam, Lindsay, my friend Jim Small, Joe Mason, Tim Adlan, etc .....). I was astonished by that precision never seen by me in an engraving before.
I decided to acquire a microscope (binocular) to the USA. After that I dedicate myself to modify, to reconsider and to apply my knowledge of acid etching, always in the artisan way, to adapt them to that new stage as engraver. It was no easy to accustom myself to understand the engraving through the microscope. My goal has been to come close to the engraving did with a burin, with a technique that is complex because you must control many parameters.

I have been able grow as engraver and I owe this achievement to ALL THE PROFESSIONAL BURIN ENGRAVERS. This has been possible because I was able to visualize your engravings in the forums and they have served to me as inspiration for my technique. I have learned also to inlay gold like you do and have been able to do it in temperate steel.

This previous one demonstrates that the engraving whole; if I am able to see your works and to be inspired by them, in the same way you can take advantage of the â€￾aqua fortisâ€￾ technique in the burin engraving works.

I have often seen magnificent engraved knives did by prestigious American craftsmen, with precious bolsters, but without engraving on the steel blades. I think that those same special pieces will be better yet combining the burin engraving in bolster with the acid etching on the blade. It would something that would accompany when bolster and would improve all the set.

All the previous one is only a personal opinion, but I can be mistaken in my appreciations.

Friend and Master Sam Alfano:

I have often looked your engravings and I have spent the time deserved by them, to be able to understand something of your working style. You are a person with a lot of talent and can teach creating school of exceptional burin engravers. Sincerely I envy you by this luck. You are respected, your work is admired and, in addition, you are teaching others engravers.
I thank you your words of respect on my work (as also to the rest of friends), that when coming from a teacher like you, they are for me of much importance. You have all my admiration as engraver.

Finally, thank you again for your consideration to me allowing my participation in this forum, which I will continue watching from time to time, to enjoy the beauty of the burin engravings.
If in some occasion I make some engraving of interest, I would show it personally or by another friend of the forum.

A hug to all you.

Antonio Montejano

Disclaimer:

Although I did my best effort to do these translations you must understand that I am not a professional translator at all. Even worst, I am fighting every time that I post something trying to express my main idea with my 500 English words vocabulary.
I did the Spanish to English translation resting on a first software translation and posterior editing, interpretation and correction. I hope that all will be acceptable.

Best regards, Leonardo.

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Kevin,

Ahh Kevin… Kevin… You have made me work a bunch! (Just kidding!)
I am glad that all is fine now and we all have fixed the mistake. This kind of things simply happened. The central point is that we are all happy now!:)

Cheers, Leonardo.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Leonardo.

We understand your translation and thank you for all your efforts.

Antonio they are the very best of words in Spanish and English :)

Art, engraving, ideas, inspiriation, motivation, knowledge, understanding, commaraderie and friendship..................they are a universal language that we all understand.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors