Beginner intro to this forum... hello and any help is greatly appriciated, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

axeman11

I agree with Roger Bleile that the answer to many a day dreamers question have been asked and answered many a time over. I feel there are "best practices" answers for many of these questions. Examples would be:
"No money"=hammer and chisel.
"Too much money"=buy everything and have fun!
"Tell me what I should get"=find a show or instructor where you can try everything out.
"which is best?"=see above.
Etc..etc...

I started on the forums also and took the advise of previous posts. There was/is enough info present for newbies if you do a search. I went hammer and chisel and book when i was in the no money boat. That solidified my belief that i really was interested in this engraving stuff. I later went to FEGA and tried the Lindsay, GRS, and Ngraver stuff .....all day......round and round, then did it all over. I spoke to the best engravers in the universe there and met the most helpful open professionals you will find in any field.

I have since purchased my tools and ventured into different aspects and mediums of the art. I continue my self education and attend shows. I will likely still try out new tools and see if there is anything else I "need" to continue in this art. I found that no one can answer your questions for you. They CAN point you in the right direction, wind you up and let you go.
Welcome to the forum and good luck in your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Sponsors