Been missing my Café' Friends for a coupla week.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fred add me to the list of folks glad you got to the Dr. when you did rather than being sent there (or worse) a few days later.

Glad my heart problem was just bad arrhythmia. That was a simple fix and being a catheter procedure there was no real pain.

graniteguy52

Elite Cafe Member
Best of recoveries to you Fred! A number of those I've known who've had similar surgeries, come to feel better than they had in a lot of years.
Hope you're blood is flowing well now.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to all for the good thoughts. They took replacement veins (I guess-wasn't really there!) out of both legs knee to foot. They bypassed the clogged up six arteries in a six and a half hour open heart. Split my sternum to the neck to get at my heart top. Made a lot of jumper cables I guess. With the intensive care units I missed a few days. Sternum is painful with coughing and sternum is painful. They did through the vain scoping from crouch, leg and wrist. The last is still pretty painful. Well I have an open heart surgery story now. I try to sty active as I can but I am aware I will be slowed down for a while. Still have not made it to the mail box and diet stuff and fluid intake is taking a bit of work. First shower today. Thank you all for your kindness and positive thoughts-Fred

Andrew Biggs

Hi Fred

Wow, that's really something you have been through. Sounds like you have been had your whole engine rebuilt!!!!!

Wishing you all the best for your recovery :)

Cheers
Andrew

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Before, open heart, then open heart surgery, now ... get well soon

Hey Fred,

I've been missing you around here. Started to worry. I'm glad to hear that they seem to have found and fixed so many things which gives hope for the future. I know it's no fun in the present though.

Make plans for what you'll do when you're feeling up to it. Draw lots, keep your spirits up, and if you get bored we're all here for a chat.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Wishing you a very speedy recovery Fred, it will only get better from now on, you are one of the many that light up this forum, great to have you back,
take care,

Richard.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
fred: i hope all is well with you. i also hope you get to be better than you were before.
doc: mid left humerus fx when on active duty in the usn, 30 years ago left radius/ulna fx, maybe 3 years ago left hemiarthroplasty, right retinal tear, left blephroplasty, bad head and hand tremor controlled by dbs bilateral electrode implantation, now exophoria has reared it's ugly head again, dang near impossible for me to use the scope. thank god i aint caught nothin in the maytag wringer washer !!

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would like to thank the well wishers who have become unknown friends over the years, Recovery is slow, breathing difficult for me while asleep. Six weeks of days were I sleep 14 to 18 hours are hard to deal with. I get exhausted very esely and need oxygen and naps for long periods. Will just keeping looking forward. Thanks. fred

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
Fred,
Glad you've made it back, missed your posts. Really hope things get better for you.
Todd

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Mike-I had been having sever chest pain for a while and had seen the doctor and given nitro. When the blood pressure tanked they decided to stick the scopes up my arm and through the leg. When they saw the amount of blockage they said by-pass or die-soon. I appreciate the kind words from everyone. Each day a little better-some days not so much. Fred

monk

Staff member
uncomfortable as you may be, some day this will all be just a memory. a friend went thru this, fred. he felt super crappy for a few days after the surgery. his surgery was about 4 months ago. his doc has him walking a mile a day. he no longer gets out of breath. before, he could barely walk 20' without being winded. we all know you'll listen to your doc, and do things the right way.

Latest posts

Sponsors