Been missing my Café' Friends for a coupla week.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very glade and lucky to be back. Went in to see my pain management doctor two weeks ago for regular visit. Been having some chest pain issues and had been diagnosed with high blood pressure. Prescribed blood pressure meds and didn't help much. still nearly daily sever chest pain. They took my blood pressure and it was real low. sent me to cardiac emergency room. I arrived back home today after open heart six times by pass surgery. Three on each of the mains and branches. Ninety eight percent blockages. I hurt Like hell. Hugging the heart foundation heart pillow every time I cough. I may be revising a few old threads with comments. Missed you folks. I am now on permanent disability complete with Medicare. Maybe I can finish my new studio now, Fred

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Wow, I thought I had it bad. At least you're still topside and they probably gave you some more years. I hope the recovery goes well and you get to be pain free.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Doc, much appreciated. The pain issues are with crushed spinal column. No hope there unfortunately. Just take a pill and work anyway. Fred

DakotaDocMartin

Thanks Doc, much appreciated. The pain issues are with crushed spinal column. No hope there unfortunately. Just take a pill and work anyway. Fred

I have a Failed Spinal Surgery Syndrome. Basically, I went to get my neck fixed at Mayo and ended up 100X worse. Just a week ago I started on Gabapentin (Neurontin) and it has reduced some of the burning nerve pain. Imagine the feeling of boiling in oil and being burnt to the bone... 24/7. At least the intensity of the burning is less now. Pain sucks.

BKJ

Elite Cafe Member
Wish you a speedy recovery Fred!

I know I'm new but I always enjoy your comments and posts... heal fast.

Silberschweif

Elite Cafe Member
If you can try to go to a doctor who uses chinese medicine. If he use toung or puls diagnostic you are at the right place to reduce your pain to a minimum or loose it completly

mrthe

i hope you feel better now, sorry to read about your health peoblems.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Glad to have you back Fred, and also glad you got a new lease on life.
Onward and upward!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome back Fred. Getting recovered can be a convoluted journey as we go along.
Doc, I tried the gabapentin for the nerve pain from my stroke on the left side and I couldn't use it as I felt like a drunk sailor after a few days and it was to me at least creating a bad sitiuation especially when driving. It didn't do much for the nerve pain either. Everyone is different I suppose is what I am trying to say here.
But keep a stiff upper lip Fred and my thoughts are with you.
Marty

DakotaDocMartin

An old friend from Dover, DE made me laugh years ago. He said he had noticed that old people will get together and have "organ recitals". We must be gettin' old! :)

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Hey Fred,

The most amazing thing is that you were able to go through all that... and come back - literally.

Having had a coupla close calls over the years, I know what it takes to do that on a personal level.

And it ain't easy!

Congrats on making the decision to keep going...

Brian

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fred
I am just glad that you came through, take care and get better soon.
My dad had the same surgery and lasted another 20 yrs.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome back Fred. I can sympathize with you and Doc. Plagued with back pain for years. I enjoy the good days all that much more! This is a good excuse to take it easy on yourself and I can't imagine a more therapeutic thing to do than a nice slow, involved engraving project. Once you are up and around of course.
Keep us posted and welcome home.
Layne

Latest posts

Sponsors