An Introduction

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome: that's exquisite work you do. thanks for taking the time to do the fotos and sharing them.

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
Super work in both metal and bamboo. I just checked out your web site and that was such a treat, I would tell all to do the same. Thanks for coming into the Cafe and can't wait to see more of your great work. ZZ

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,
That looks a really difficult modification to your "hand piece". :shock: :confused: What on earth happened?
Sandy

Bama

Elite Cafe Member

Hi Bill, fantastic work and welcome to the board.

I started to learn to fly fish last year while working in Punta Arenas, Chile. Patagonia is a fantastic place for trout which I did not know until I went there. I had the opportunity to fish Largo Lynch on the island of Terra Del Fuego, what a beautiful spot. I got to spend two days there and a experiance that will forever be one of the best of my life. The second day I got up early and the wind was down and the water was calm. I waded out about a 100 yards and cast a black fly. I let it lay for a few moments and bumped it a little. I saw a wake coming from about 10 feet from my fly, it looked like a torpedo coming. It was a big brown trout, man what a hit. He ran so hard it took me by surprise and being new to fly fishing I applied a little to much drag for my leader. I only had him on for about 30 seconds but it was one of the greatest 30 second periods of my life. We manged to catch 7 trout, all of them measured 20 to 24". We cooked two over the fire there on the lake side, the best tasting fish I have ever had.

Last edited:

Oyster

Thanks again for the warm welcomes. It's nice to be among like minded souls, even some fishermen to boot!:thumbsup:

Bill,
That looks a really difficult modification to your "hand piece". :shock: :confused: What on earth happened?
Sandy

Spiral fractured my fourth metacarpal at the gym trying to take care of myself.:confused: Lesson learned, I should probably stick with fly fishing and beer drinking!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Bill,
Another great reason for me to sit and drink beer. And exercise my elbows. Hope it all works out and you can get back to your great engraving. :biggrin:
Sandy

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bill, great to have you on the forum, just sad to see what caused you to have the time to post was so obviously painful and debilitating! You have certainly put your "six weeks of instruction" to good use. Hope to see some more of your work after the wing mends!

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Great work you have done there, :clapping: , sorry about your injury, and hope you have a speedy recovery, but you should make good use of the situation and learn to engrave with your left hand now, that way when you get better you'll be able to produce twice the amount of work :biggrin:

Richard.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wonderful, Wonderful work. Design and execution. You are combining two of my favorite things. Fishing and engraving. What a wonderful place to live and work to boot! Glad to have you with us!
Layne Z

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
holy cow ! your injury-- is that from a graver stab ? if so- uh you better wear a weldors" glove. just kidding-- hope you heal soon.

Latest posts

Sponsors