AlfanoArt Monogram System - coming soon

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
For many years I've taught students to engrave stippled script monograms in my engraving classes. I'd draw a letter and then walk them through the steps to produce a beautiful monogram with brightcut edge. When it was their turn I'd use a computer font to produce the letters for them to transfer and engrave as it's too time consuming to hand draw letters for a dozen students. While computer fonts can be ok for practice, they are rarely suitable for a beautiful monogram worthy of sale.

I had three goals when designing the AlfanoArt Monogram System:
1.) Produce an original monogram design system worthy of engraving on the finest articles.
2.) One that's relative easy to engrave and suitable for beginners, but produces professional results an expert will be proud of.
3.) A system that will pay for itself the first use.

The lettering I've developed in this system is original and is not a font. Each letter was designed on paper and then painstakingly drawn in the computer to produce a scalable vector illustration. What that means is razor sharp transfers with letters can be enlarged or reduced without quality degradation or becoming pixelated or jaggy. Software such as Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, Inkscape, Photoshop, etc is required.

As you may know, not all fixed letter designs combine well together as a monogram. I have designed an extended letter set which helps to overcome this problem and produce a pleasing, balanced monogram. The user can choose from the Letter Variations to arrange letter combinations to suit.

I've also included all letters and variations in reverse form. Personally, I find it easier to arrange my letters first and reverse them before printing. But if you're computer challenged you'll have reversed letters ready to scale and transfer.

Hand engraved monogram with brightcut edges.

Alphabet and Letter Variation set.

Original sketches.

Coming soon :)

Raul Hinz

Monogram is my week point looking forward to you help I am in
Same you are the best
Thank you

Raul HInz :tiphat: :bow:

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Is there a reason you chose that particular letter style......?
I would have thought the Leaf style you are known for.............
Just askin......I'll still buy it....... :)

Sam

Staff member
Thanks folks :)
Here's a variation. I bordered the inside of the wide portions of the letters and stippled them.

Sam

Staff member
Is there a reason you chose that particular letter style......?
I would have thought the Leaf style you are known for.............
Just askin......I'll still buy it....... :)

CJ: As stated in objective #2.) One that's relative easy to engrave and suitable for beginners, but produces professional results an expert will be proud of.
Finely shaded leaf script is a bit tough from someone just starting out.

However, I also have a leaf script project started. :)

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Kool.................
Let me know when your leaf script is ready.
You do the absolute nicest script I've seen yet........
But like i said....
I'll be gettin this one too....... :)

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, Sam, Sam, you've been a busy man. I'd like to thank you for going to all the trouble inherent in creating these letter sets, you're quite diligent. I hope you sell a million of em' abroad and one to me.:thumbsup:

Sam

Staff member
Is it going to be a DVD? If yes, could you add a vector file of the script on the disk?

No, it won't be a DVD video. It will be a vector file that's ready to use. :happyvise:
I'm putting tutorial videos on Youtube. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors