Announcement: 8,000 members...woohoo!

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah. I agree that this forum is great. All of the craft/art interests that the people of this forum share are so widely dispersed throughout the globe that finding people with similar interests to talk to and share with is very difficult.Particularly in the UK there are only a handful of craftsmen / women who practice the craft that finding one to talk to is difficult. Finding one to help and share ideas almost impossible. I dare say it is even harder for those situated in remote parts of the world. I would like to thank everyone for the contributions made on this forum and to Sam for the unquestionable hard work that would have gone into setting up and maintaining this site. God bless you all.
----------

+1
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

glstrcowboy

Elite Cafe Member
Freeloader? FREELOADER!? Well, if the truth hurts it should. Count me in for a subscription. The site certainly would be a bargain at double that. Thanks Sam for all of your work, it is not unappreciated.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What amazes me is of the 8,000 members here, only 71 are pledge members.
It's often said, "You pay for an education one way or another" and it's true.
My dad used to say, "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."
I've had the privilege to be a participant in 6 Grand Masters classes---not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but worth every penny.
Not to downplay the other masters I had in those classes, the most memorable one was with Ken and Marcus Hunt.
One day with those gentlemen was worth what the entire week cost.I figured I wasn't going to live enough years to figure it out on my own.
I guess it all depends on how bad you want to know what they know---or what they've forgotten.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you and congratulations Sam, great site here for us newbies, the information on this forum is priceless to us, count me in,

Richard.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Not likely, Arnaud. There are people who have been posting here for years and still nobody knows their name, what their work looks like, or even what country they live in.

Yes Roger, I know, that is why I made that point. Of course all reasons are good to party, but numbers can be interpreted like one wants.
So lets party.

arnaud

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Sam add another to that 71 now 72 after reading this post and the fact that I have been sucking knowlage out of the forum and it members for a while now felling a little guilty I have now paid the dues and added some to the ( holiday fund opps!! :rolleyes:) cafe support and well worth it keep up the good work :bow:
Ray

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,
Think back a few years when you ask our engraving class if we would ever participate in a thing called the Engravers Cafe'. You were so nervous about its success. Now look at what you have brought to the engraving world and I mean WORLD!
I'm proud to ever have been taught by you.
Thanks a million,
Glenn

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
This thread needs to be on top for a while more...

Thank you Sam and Abigail for your support and also thanks to the moderators and administrators and all the members for contributing to make this Forum a GREAT "place" to spend a while (hours?) in learning some things, culturing a bit and make some friends!

Cheers!
Leonardo

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
This thread needs to be on top for a while more...

I agree! It would be nice to see more people make the small donation of only $25.00 per year. I'm certain that they have benefited their knowledge and skills by much more than that not to mention the marketing and sales they have made. If some people would like to help Sam out but don't want to pay with PayPal... I'm pretty sure that Sam will accept cash, checks or money orders also. :) Where there is a will, there is a way.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, you doing great job, thanks to this forum,
we have possibility to communicate and hare all info between each other

Thank you very much

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I suncerely appreciate Sam & Abigale making their "living room" available for visits!!
This is a cool place...,Thanks guys!! And, thanks to those who share so much information!!!

Weldon

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My computer was in the shop for a week and I missed you guys! Missed quite a bit of good conversation too. Nice to see how much attention and participation the forum gets.
I for one would not be the confident engraver I am today without all the help I've received and knowledge I've gained here. A year ago I had reached the point that I was scared to touch anything with a graver. I think I've learned more from y'all in the last year than I learned in the previous 10.
Thanks so much Sam for facilitating this gathering place for us. I'd love to see more pledge memberships. Money is tight for many of us but for any working engravers here, the knowledge many of us have gained has led directly to our financial benefit. Time to give a little back!
Thanks to all of the other members who participate and share your wisdom and experience.
Layne Zuelke