YouTube videos can now be viewed on your TV via DirecTV

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I know this isn't any real big news to the tech-savvy folks but, I figured I might make mention of it anyway.

For the people that get their television programming over a satellite dish from DirecTV and who have their DirecTV tuner/DVR hooked up to the Internet, you can now do a Smart Search and find videos to watch on YouTube.

I was just re-watching some of Sam's and Arnaud's videos that I found with the simple keyword search "Hand Engraving".

I noticed how obscure some of the titles are that some others have made and posted on YouTube. It is always good to put a very descriptive title on anything that may be searched for on the Internet. That also goes for keywords and/or tags. A title of "Shading" isn't quite as good as if it were "Hand Engraving - Shading Tutorial" or something more descriptive such as that.

The same thing can be said about making a good text description of the video as that is also displayed with each video in the search.

Also, I can see the added potential marketing benefit for advertising if such videos being viewed on a television would have title screens or watermarks to drive additional traffic to your personal website. Sam's videos are some of the best that way.

Anyway... just a couple of ideas for you.

Doc

Sponsors