Yet another Colt 1911, in relief

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good Burt.the only thing I might suggest is the engraving on the frame forward of the trigger guard should go forward towards the front of the gun not back towards the trigger. Looks good though

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Marty. I had never thought about it that way. I see it now and agree it would look better that way. It's funny how one can see something one way and become fixated to a particular orientation of the design.

Oh....and my name is spelled with an "E" not a "U". Only imposters spell it with a "U"...lol.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Many times as we are working we get a case of tunnel vision because we get so involved with what we are doing that we dont see the obvious. Of course I have NEVER EVER had that happen to me. The reason I mentioned it before is that we usually like the pattern to flow towards the front of the firearm. Now remember I said USUALLY as there is sometimes good exceptions to the guidlines. Just like spelling your name with a U instead of an E. There was a good reason for that but it escapes me now so forgive me. My mind was someplace else.