Xmas present

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi all,
Here is a christmas present I finished this weekend. Somewhere in that mess is Sam's scroll design that I modified to fit this bracelet. Sorry Sam for butchering it so bad. I realize calling myself an "engraver" on the back is a little bit grand, but I needed the lettering practice. Any critiques/comments welcome and wanted. I realize there are lots of mistakes, especially the one tendril on either side that I just couldn't get to fit , and man does it show. Design wise, I also couldn't get that cross-over to ever look right.

Thanks for looking
Todd

Attachments

• Nov 2012 download 012.jpg
    Nov 2012 download 012.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 218
  • Nov 2012 download 013.jpg
    Nov 2012 download 013.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 213

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Todd,

Don't be so hard on yourself. The kinds of things we nitpick here will never be seen by the recipient of the gift. Your lettering looks excelent.

Cheers,
Roger

Andrew Biggs

Hi todd

I agree with Roger. Don't be so hard on yourself. You've come a long way and obviously been practicing and working hard at it.

The bracelet look great and so does the lettering. Keep it up, you're doing just fine :)

Cheers
Andrew

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Just fine indeed, and yes, you're way too hard on yourself. This is nice work!

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Todd, I agree with was already said here, "Don't be to hard on yourself", on the other hand of course, only your own criticism will help to try better.

arnaud

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thank's guys for your encouragement. The photo actually somehow looks worse than in person. Please feel free to suggest any changes in my design, still a huge struggle for me.

Latest posts

Sponsors