Wow! I found a new engraving related site...

mrthe

Today i have see the change too,congratulations Sam the new look of your website is fantastic (like your works) !

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks folks :) My site has needed updating for a long time and I finally got around to it. There are still some tweaks left to do but the bulk of the work is finished.

I should add that my videos will soon be available as instant download :thumbsup:

mrthe: I see you're using the OHNS logo I designed years ago :) Looks nice in your signature!

Jim Kelso

Elite Cafe Member
Once you get past the guy's suspicious look it's a great looking site, very easy to navigate and superb engraving. :-0

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i think he inserted a foto of a used car salesman on his site to improve his business " image.".

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulaions Sam, looks Great

... maybe a little sorry for the old look, I was used to him. But everything flows, everything changes

Congratulations again, the new look indeed is modern, and great :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
ok, now i've given it a closer look and it's very impressive! 2 things- is there a way to pause the slide show on the home page? i wanted to study a couple pieces, but couldn't stop/pause it.

also, on my screen (a basic imac) the homepage opens with a ginormous pink egg in the lower right hand corner. is that a glitch or a feature? oh wait, scrolling down........never mind....

Sam

Staff member
Glad you like it, Mitch. Most of the things in the slideshow are in the galleries as well (I think). I don't have a pause feature on it but I would like that as well and will look into it.
There may still be glitches here an there. I haven't seen the pink egg. Send me a screenshot if you can.

Sam

Staff member
I hear what you're saying but I can't seem to reproduce it. Can you send me a screen shot? Anyone else seeing this?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
you're killin' me, dude. for some reason your site will not allow me to capture the image in question (every other pixel on the dang page, but not what i want!), so here's what you need to do: hold a piece of paper under the line reading "...your wedding ring, engagement ring, signet ring, or heirloom jewelry expertly hand..."- that is where my screen ends before scrolling down. now over at the right side of the screen, how much can you see of the photo of YOU?

Sam

Staff member
Sorry this is a pain and I was misunderstanding what you meant. I *think* I understand you now. On our computers and phones and iPads it looks fine and I see the entire page. I suspect your display is running a lower resolution and that's why you're only seeing a portion of it. My previous site was coded for 800x600 which is pretty much antiquated now and looked ridiculously small on a hi-res display.

This is my iPad screen capture showing the entire page is visible except for the copyright at the bottom.

screenshot.jpg

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, i noticed a small problem
- not everywhere have a direct connection to the main menu

For example:
index > More > Sam's Ambigrams > 1 -> 2 ->..............10 ambigram

If I want to come back, I should to click "back button" 10 times to go to main menu

With the two other external galleries is same ("Sam & Abigails Photography" and "Graphik Portfolio")

I don't know , maybe "open" , direct in "new tab" of the browser :thinking:

Regards, Evgeni

Last edited:

Sam

Staff member
Thanks for reminding me, Evgeni :) I put a target="_new" tag for those external links.

Latest posts

Sponsors