Question: Will you be at the FEGA show this year?

Andrew Biggs

Hi Les

I'll be at the show and I'm really looking forward to it. It's lining up to be an excellent show.

You don't want to hear me sing unless you've had a bottle or two of vodka. In fact, I sound a lot better after about 3 bottles :)

The music is an impromptu thing with no official organising. Generally someone like Rod Cameron organises a place for folk to gather, play and sing. No invite needed,, just turn up and you will be welcome.

So keep your ear to the ground at the show.

Cheers
Andrew

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I'll be there, but when I'm standing by a window singing everyone wants to help me out!!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just got an email this morning from our colleague, Paul Hamler, saying, "I will be at Vegas" Great!

As to sitting around swopping a few songs, some of us like to go at that all night, but these days you pay big bucks to bring a guitar on a plane, and I am flying to Vegas. Reno was better to drive for me so I could throw some guitars, mandolin and fiddle in the minivan, and Barry kindly opened the President's suite to us musical ne're do wells. This worked very well for a small gathering, and Barry, being inclined in that direction anyway, was right in the thick of it.

If anyone might be driving to Vegas, and could throw a guitar or something, preferably a few guitars, into the car, that would be most welcome?

Another thought, given that, 'what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas', that sometimes means many a guitar is left lingering in a strip pawn shop window. Perhaps a guitar can be rented cheaper than flown there?

Failing that, Roger Bleile and I can go on and on with unaccompanied old songs, Chris Norman can embellish any song with flute or pipes, and sings well, too, however cowboy songs and some C and D are generally favored. Pancho and Lefty and Tennessee Stud go down good.

Now if Abigail and Sam A show up with instruments, and Ron and Liz Smith, well I would pay admission, especially if Abigail sings,"Hey, Bobbie!"

Fred, Tim, I hope you're coming? Sam W will have some strings for sure, but his instruments are so wonderfully engraved they must surely be treated with reverence. Can't wait to see what you have been up to Sam ...

With Chris Norman there with a flute of two, and if Tira has room for her silver flute, we could maybe have something different and special, but then, hope there is some corner for pickers to meet up?

Rod

Last edited:

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm in. I'm working on my son as a travel partner and if he comes so will his guitar. Even tone deaf folks can enjoy Sam W's guitars....unless they are blind. They are simply spectacular. I'm singing regardless of the committee vote so bring either the vodka for yourself or a set of ear plugs or both for the tone sensitive. Now that we've covered the important part-music and good laughter - I hope I finish up a luger so I have something new at the show.

Andrew Biggs

Someone ask them to fix the FEGA forum lol

Yes, it's in progress. :)

We had a few issues that needed dealing with and then Christmas crept up on us and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. :)

So hopefully early early 2014 will see it done.

Cheers
Andrew

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's been a while since I've traveled with my fiddle by air. Since I'll already be stowing a bunch of guns, I suppose an instrument won't be too much more trouble. Looking forward to it. Just realized how close this is and how much I have to do. Pray for me!
Layne

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I will be there! Quite frankly I'm surprised you all let me hang around... I can't sing and don't play any instruments. ;) As I recently told someone else, I think the only instrument I own is a kazoo, and that hardly fits the theme of the music, ha!

I'll be driving. Rod, too bad you aren't on the way or I'd pick up your guitar and fiddle and mandolin!

Arriving Thursday late morning or lunch-time-ish, probably. Still deciding how and where I want to split up the drive!

-Katherine

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just booked my room and flight. Unfortunately I won't be a table holder this year. Spending all my time on one gun that will be in the Redjacket booth at Shot Show has left me with no time to prepare. I just don't feel it's proper to try and represent the guild with a shoddy display. I am still just as excited about meeting all of the forum members I've spent time with here. Aside from Jim Parker, I can't say I've ever met another member. I'm sure it will be a very educational experience no matter.
Katherine, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been working on! The grips you are doing for me will be going on the one 1911 I'll be bringing. (provided I don't go insane trying to finish it before I leave!)
See you all in Vegas!
Layne Z.

Sponsors