Wild West Show 1873

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
What you're working on is a 66' "yellow boy" and since it's shaped the same frame wise as a 73' I'll have that outline for you tomorrow. Are you going to put something on the dust cover?

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Hi Paul,

I don't really know how much time...it took a few tries to get it transfered/drawn on the metal before I could cut. I worked on it off and on for two or three weeks at least. It is on the left sideplate of an L.C. Smith 20 and the owner is on the other side.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ok, the first go through scared me a little bit. But I have powered through it to complete practice plate 2. I know it's not photo-realistic, but considering I could not draw a stick figure a year ago...

So, here is Buffalo Bill Cody practice plate 1:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372094081.060226.jpg

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gere
Remember what I taught you.....no matter what you use....a 70, a 90 or a 105. Keep it super sharp, grind off most of the excess from the top so all you have is an itty bitty tip and just "kiss" the surface when you cut.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Working on it. Don't seem to have any levels between scratch and to deep a cut, but I'm working on it. I've been temporarily side tracked by an order for 3 derringers with a snake skin pattern over 100%. Hope to get back on sitting bull by middle of next week.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been temporarily side tracked by an order for 3 derringers with a snake skin pattern over 100%.

That's perfect timing Gere. Use the snake skin pattern to practice some very fine lines and cross hatching to give you various shades. Nothing like getting paid to practice.

Latest posts

Sponsors