Who is going to Reno?

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike,
Is the room big enough for all these engravers?
Heck no! But that's what makes it fun.. You get to know a lot a people by default!

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I will be driving to Reno from the Mendocino Coast,

and hope to be there for Friday afternoon through Monday. If the snow is bad on Donner Pass, I may take the bus from Sacramento.

I will bring at least one guitar, but if I take the van all the way, will also have fiddle and mandolin, could even have a second guitar?

Abigail, Ron, Fred, Sam, et al ...are you bringing any pickin and strummin equipment? We had some good sessions last year in the lounge outside the exhibition hall. Ron, don't forget that excellent thumb?

Andrew, do you plan to wander California before Reno? Always good to see ya in Mendocino?

best

Rod

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod,

I'll not be bringing an instrument, but I can listen good. Looking forward to it. Don't have a good enough case to put it on an airplane the way they throw things around.

I will bring my thumb, and not leave it in the exhibition hall..... They just have no respect for a handicapped guy........................HeeHeehee

See you there.

Ron S

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,

Although your voice alone is good enough, I will throw a second guitar in the van, and hope the snow is not deep over the pass.

Reno or Bust!

best

Rod

I'll not be bringing an instrument, but I can listen good. Looking forward to it. Don't have a good enough case to put it on an airplane the way they throw things around.

I will bring my thumb, and not leave it in the exhibition hall..... They just have no respect for a handicapped guy........................HeeHeehee

See you there.

Ron S[/QUOTE]

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Jim Brandvik, please be sure to stop by and say hello.
Rod, Ron and all you other Guys and Dolls do the same please.
And Rod.....I may be on that bus with you if I can get that far.
Looking forward to seeing the gang and hearing the music and song.

Best, John B.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey, you guys be very careful coming over, but I am wondering how a bus would be any better. Won't they slide off of the road too? Take some warmies with you and a blanket or two.

You guys be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron S

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Rod- I look forward to hearing your tunes again, but will only have room in the luggage for picks & capo.

Last year, when you were still allowed two checked bags, I wanted to bring my guitar as the second. Since it measured oversize by two inches, United Airlines would charge an additional $100. However, golf clubs & skis traveled free. Something wrong there.

Anyway, it will be good to see everyone again and meet some of the other forumites!

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Fred,
You mean you're not going to bring the bass as a "carry on"???
:)
Yes, the airlines have gotten picky about luggage.....

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I'll be there with a little bit of scrimshaw tucked in my coat to flash around. ;) It'll be another whirlwind trip, I'll arrive Saturday and either leave Sunday or Monday. Kinda depends on the weather as to whether I drive or take the bus and leave the tire chains to someone else! It's pretty hard to beat a $32 round trip ticket, I gotta say...

I'm shy, say hi if you see me wandering around looking lost.

-Katherine :)

filbertius

Elite Cafe Member
I suspect that I'll be the guy wandering around the displays with a big trail of saliva down my chin... but if y'all are willing to have newbies hanging around, I do plan to be there.

Gary

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gary,
I suspect we ALL will be doing the same thing there!
We welcome newbies, oldies and everyone in between. Be sure to be there for Monday's seminars.
Rex

Phoneman

This is my first time to the shown with any luck it won't be my last. Do they allow cameras, I am bringing my phototgrapher (wife) so I hope to get a lot og good pictures.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, cameras are allowed. Usually, Friday afternoon or Sunday is the best day to try to take photographs. The crowds are lighter then. You'll find that most won't mind you taking photographs but remember that they are there to sell so doing it during non peak hours is best.

joe seeley

can't wait will be leaving montana on the 20th. long drive should be there thursday afternoon. hope that you will allow me into the thusday evening meet, so that I may meet some of you in person.

Joe

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
I hope I'm not being presumptuous by saying so, but I'll be accepting my award for the annual Cafe's "Biggest Pain In THE Azz" via satellite.

I really would like to meet everyone (and have that book signed by Ron S.) but a year of frivolous spending will keep this nutjob stuck in the hills for quite awhile.

Godspeed everyone and have a safe trip.

diane b

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Here's how you beat having to check a bag and pay for it. I started doing this when they would only let you take on one carry-on and a personal item. It seemed that every time I checked my bag it would either get lost for a day or be put on a later flight. So... here's what you do. Take your bags through security screening. The TSA agents don't pay attention to how many bags you are taking through or their size. They only care what's inside them. Go to your gate and at the desk pick up a tag (they usually seem to be green) and put on your luggage you are planning to "check". Be sure and keep the bottom part of the tag which has numbers that match the top part of the tag that stays on your lugguage. When you get ready to board and are in line to get your boarding pass scanned, try to keep your stuff on the side opposite the person scanning your boarding pass. They aren't really paying attention to how much stuff you have. They just want to get as many people on board in as small amount of time so the plane can take off on time - it's a cattle drive. As you start down the walkway you will see a luguage rack (usually on the right) for people whose carry on bags will not fit in the overhead compartment or under the seat and will be checked. Put your bag on this. Now you have relieved yourself of one bag (or two, etc.) and when you board the plane you are now down to your personal item and your legitimate carry-on. The person greeting you at the door of the plane WILL pay attention to how many bags you are bringing on. The only down side to this is that when you get off the plane, you HAVE TO WAIT for your bag at the lugguage rack where you dropped it off. If your plane is late landing and you have to run for a flight, this can be a bit nerve racking. I haven't flown in the last few months, and at some point the airlines will get wise to this, but not since the last time I flew. Hope this helps. Use this at your own risk!!
Diane