whitetail floorplate

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Still fiddling a little bit with this one but......it is getting close to finished. In other words I'm about where I will do more damage than good if I keep scratching.

Attachments

• DSCF1344.jpg
    DSCF1344.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 427
Reactions: AJB

Denny

Elite Cafe Member
Lee

I love the leaf/scroll. The whitetail buck is awesome and the transition from scene to scroll is exceptional. I am going to study this one carefully. Thanks for sharing.

beegee

Elite Cafe Member
I love it! I love the depth and the shading. Classic, vintage look. This one goes in my archives.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Up There with the Best I've Seen

That is quite interesting to look at. There's a lot of depth in that scrollwork.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh, come on Lee...
Get us a better picture than that!
It looks good from what I can see but I know it has to look GREAT if the picture was better.
Rex

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Now THAT is some fine engraving. Your scroll just keeps getting better and better. I love the game scene, too. Better photo, please!

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I see one problem with it.

The owner's going to spend so much time looking at his gun he'll miss all the deer wandering past his stand.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There's a method to my madness. Besides the point that I am not a good photographer and so dumb with computers that I don't know much about sizing..... the real reason for putting up lousy photos is to hide the lack of refinement and flaws in the engraving. I have fooled some of you into thinking this is not too bad. :)

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm retracting part of my previous statement. It's unlikely I've fooled anyone. It's much more likely that this is simply a very nice group of people conveying kind thoughts. Thank you. Some days are all fetch with no pat on the head. A pat on the head does everyone a bit of good. That is why I live close by my mother.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
yeah Lee
Better pictures. This way when you ask me for a critique.you can't blame it on the pictures. Then maybe I wouldn't have told you to fix the nose and background so they don't blend too much. You could have blamed it on the picture. By the way.did you fix it? I can't tell from the rotten photo you posted. hehehehehehe
Marty

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Lee, You have a lack of refinement in your engraving like Willy Wonka has a lack of chocolate at his factory.... Keep up the excellent work and please post more! :)

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is it possible some of you older fellows just need a pair of glasses? It looks fine to me. Oh, I forgot I had my optivisor on. Maybe this one is better.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCF1406.jpg
    Copy of DSCF1406.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 123

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Maybe that one wasn't better. When I go into edit what is the difference between resize and compress?

Latest posts

Sponsors