Where do I find a barrel for this colt?

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey All, I recently bought myself a little Colt Junior 25 ACP as a project gun. The outside metal is in good shape but the barrel has a little pitting in it. I have looked for a replacement barrel at Numrich, midway and the other typical parts outlets with no luck. They are all sold out.

Idealy I would like to find an old new stock barrel for this or at least a used one that's in good shape. My second choice is to have this barrel relined with sleeve and rechambered. I don't mind having the barrel sleeved but I would want someone experienced and competent to do that.

Do any of you have a lead on where I might be successful with either of these two choices?

Thanks,

Ray

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the help guys, I didn't know the Colt and Astra barrels were interchangeable. That info helps a lot. Thanks for passing that on Dennis.

Ray

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
OK Apparently what I have is not the junior but the one they call the 1908 Vest Pocket Pistol. I thought they were the same thing but apparently they are not.
I looked it up on gunbroker and found they are two different pistols. Unfortunately the barrel for one doe snot fit the other.

So to revise my question. Anyone got any leads on a decent replacement barrel for the 1908 vest pocket .25?

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Ray,If your Colt Junior was a .22 cal.it could be easy to ream out the old barrel put in a new liner.I have the same Colt in .25cal. and have been looking for a barrel.I was told by a gunsmith that pistols are hard to reline in calibers larger then .22cal. because the barrels are not thick enough.Keep looking you may get lucky.J.J.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks JJ.

Looking at this barrel I think I could make one if I could find a 25 cal blank with an appropriate twist. I could order a reamer for the chamber. The rest of it would mostly be lathe work.

I was wrong about the model. Mine if the vest pocket model not he junior. The junior has a flat lug on the front of the barrel mine is almost totally round. Mine would mostly be lathe work with very little milling machine work.

Ray

Latest posts

Sponsors