Where can I find Large Vise Jaws like these?

krist003

Hello all. Was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a set of vise jaws like these. They are very large in diameter. I have a Lindsay Goliath vise. Do they make a universal one that would fit it. I don't really want to go through the trouble of making my own if they are available for a reasonable price.

Thanks

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 251

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
The probable answer to your question is. . .probably nowhere! More than likely, you'll need a skilled Machinist to make you up a set, and one with a digital readout on the mill for hole placement to speed up hole placement. Also, he'll need the appropriate reamers, and many guys just don't have such on hand. Most important would be accurate placement of the pins that slide into the vise's top jaws, to avoid pounding them into place like an ape. . .don't forget, you have to get them out! The jaws are simple to make, but have to be done accurately, and I wouldn't want to hazard a guess as to how many factory holes my not be consistent with other vises. There is a way to make the holes in the vise's top jaws quite accurately, but too lengthy to detail this time around. If my shop was set back up, I could make these things easily. I'd say to look around, but I wouldn't know where. I believe GRS is making a set, much like you describe. Check with Aaron McMichaels, as I think there was previous mention of him having made some, or will make some.

krist003

Thanks Sam. Had I known what to call them I would have found that using the search tool.

GRS has a work holding plate to use with thermo-loc as well. Much cheaper option so I might go with that instead. Or make my own. Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Sponsors