When a friend asks ...

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Happy New Year friends,
This year for Christmas I was asked to make an unusual brooch pin. You see my friend had discovered he had a terminal brain tumor and was going to have surgery to remove what they could. The brain scan must have tweaked his funny bone since he wondered if I could make a brooch that looks like the Collie dog image he saw in his brain. Now what is a feller to do in an instance as this, yep, you make what they want. So here is the finished Collie! sort of.
He did fine with the surgery but has more treatments to battle the disease. Not sure his wife is tickled about it but he still has his great sense of humor.
Mark

Attachments

• Vic canine.jpg
    Vic canine.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 20121225_26.jpg
    20121225_26.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 184

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Nice Job

You have done a wonderful thing for your friend. :clapping: Even if it only gave a moment of happiness it was worth the effort!!! I bet it gave and will give more than you can imagine. :clapping:

Not to mention the fine job of work you did, very kind !!! :clapping:

scott99 :tiphat:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
bravo, my friend. this sort of thing allows us to "connect"with friends and loved ones in ways that few others can.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks friends,
I have always been thankful of those that think highly of the work I create. Money has been one of the driving forces to create but the true core is the passion to make something or to embellish what has already been done. That appreciation by the lovers of our art creates a desire to share that talent with others. The biggest reward I can garner from a customer is the smile ..... for a moment I made their day. Thanks !
Mark