What do I have?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
air, or electric ? probably a reciprocating "engraving" (so called) tool. plug into the power source and see what happens. if it's air, be careful to set the regulator low. gradually increase the pressure. it may be rotary, but would bet against it.

Hillbilly007

It is air. I think it is from a GRS system, but I am not sure. I'm afraid ti hook it up to my compressor because I may ruin it.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
A hand piece for a pneumatic hammer system. Looks kind of like an old gravermeister handle but could be from one of the other GRS systems. Does not work directly off of a compressor.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Yup. Older GRS handpiece. If you call them they can tell you whether it's a Gravermeister or GraverMax handpiece. 800-835-3519 or maybe Rex will know.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
unscrew the airhose fitting at the rear and slowly dump out the contents. if the spring is behind the piston it's for a GraverMeister. if the spring is in front of the piston it's for a GraverMax.

Hillbilly007

Thanks for all of the replies. Now that I know what it is, I can't use it with the "system" that I have. I guess I'll trade it for a CD on drawing scrolls.
Thanks,
Gary Watkins