Help, please: What are these?

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
A friend sent me a box of tools the other day and these were included in the box. They feel like aluminum. They are all the same size. They all have the same screw on top (or bottom) with the same size milled flat where you screw off the piece. What are these???

Attachments

• IMAG1184.jpg
    IMAG1184.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 375

jr hoot gibson

Elite Cafe Member
You got some slightly tarnished Widgets. They would be a lot more valuable if in mint condition. I would reccomend that you keep them in storage " in case" they appreciate in value. I would not reccomend you try to restore them with polishing. Good luck with your new widgets.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Yes Dave, definately a good hootis or chingadera.......I will keep em around. Have to be good for something.....kinda like me! Not worth throwing away, may come in handy......

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another genius idea gone awry?
Lathe practice pieces?
An unfinished project?

Finish boring the centers out and use them to store your pencil leads or market them as individual graver storage units.

scroughstock

I don't know what everyone else is looking at, but thos are whatchamacallits if I have ever seen one. The value and use of which will never be known to you until you throw them away. I can't tell you how many whatchamacallits I have thrown away that I wish I had back.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Those are base plate pins, and what's cool about these is that not only are they made of pre-famulated amulite, they are also surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing. Without getting too technical, they're used to reduce sinusoidal depleneration in panendurmic semi-bolloid slots on (or in, depending on model) panametric fan shafts.

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Whatever they are, there is something missing from them. I assume there is something that is inserted inside the cap and screwed down. Some sort of deburring tool or something along those lines. Look in box of stuff and see if there looks like something that would go with these.

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
In Australia there call DOFOR'S they are use in a number of applications but aslo they will do for this or do for that !!!!
Do they glow in the dark look a bit like little NUKE fuel rods
As some one said they look like guide pins could be for a DOFORLACKIE
Well I hope that helps also :thinking:
regards
Ray

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Are you sure that they are aluminum? They may be sacrificial zincs use in some saltwater cooled engine jackets.

Joe Jacob

They look like electrodes for a cold fusion power generator.
Be careful they may contain power!

Latest posts

Sponsors