Well DONE, Mike Dubber!

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
Howard Dove Award

Thanks! It was a great show and to have captured another Howard Dove Award was a real plus.

The award is part of the annual Colt Collectors Association Show - held this year in Tulsa. Anyone wishing to enter for judging places their entry on a table in front of the exhibit hall with a qualifying entry form. The award is for "Best Engraved Colt" and it is named after Howard Dove (decseased) who was a long time Master Engraver with the Colt Custom Shop in Hartford.

I should also mention that Jim Blair engraved the Colt Collectors Association Annual Auction Gun. Jim had to qualify with the Custom Shop as a Colt Master Engraver to engrave this annual project, a very difficult title to acheive! Jim's CCA 2010 Tulsa Gun sold for $22,000.00 during the auction on Saturday evening.

The engravers present at Tulsa this year were Ben Lane Jr., John Adams Sr., Leonard Francolini, Jim Blair, and Mike Dubber.
Photos Attached

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Congratulation, Mike & Jim,Howard would have been proud of you men & the award in his name.Howard Dove was a real gentelman.J.J.

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Well done Mr. Mike, you deserve it !! Howard was my first apprentist & know he would have been extremly proud to be associated with your work re. this award. Howard was just an old mountain boy but, of the best sort. You do him proud as well as the rest of us , with highest regards, Ken

alfrisillo

Colt

I saw this gun in Tulsa. Seeing it "live" really shows the beauty of Mike's work even moreso than pictures. Great job Mike!
Al

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Whaaaaauuuw, that is top work and resulted in a beautiful Colt
Congrats on the “best engraved Colt awardâ€￾ well deserved although I did not see the other ones. :big grin:

arnaud

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud

Considering the venue the other ones would have to be just about fantastic.

Which is why this win is such an accomplishment - just like Mike's win in Reno.

kguns

Mike,

That's nice.

As good as anything at the Museum in Indy as well.
A BlueBird Moment :beerchug:with a twist of Havana:big grin: