web site of interest

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
So I'm not the only nerd who will look through an entire box of old photos in an antique store and be totally mesmerized by photographer's marks!

mrthe

Thank you Chatarine! this is really cool!
Sam, not, you aren't the only one , add me to the nerds list :)

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
So I'm not the only nerd who will look through an entire box of old photos in an antique store and be totally mesmerized by photographer's marks!

Ummmmm I saw no one else admit to that out loud ,,,,but you :shock: ooooohhhhhnooo mrthe too? :(
I found myself trying to blowup/enlarge the Initials-General section!!! I'm dooooooomed ;)

Donny

Last edited:

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
It's usual to find some object common to the activity represented in a logo , cards, marks, etc. (as the vise in the case of engravers) but the last thing I would hope to find in a photographer's mark would be a painter palette... Would they be using something related to Photoshop nowadays?!! :)

Thanks a lot for the link Cloudy! Very nice and intricate designs there...

Leonardo

mrthe

Leonardo in the past photographers not only was taking the pics but due to the large exposure time needed to take the photos,a lot of time they need to retouch the photos by hand with pencils and in some case ,painting them to add colors ,for this reason the painter palette was used in the logos.

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would be truly blessed to cut any of the designs. At the time this was low level grunt work done by stationary shops. Incredible work and collection= Fred

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
lucky me== it opened this time. this all appears to have come from a time that expected quality. a time that did not praise mediocrity. it would take a very long time to fully appreciate all that is shown here. then again, those back then had far fewer distractions to hijack the execution of quality

Latest posts

Sponsors