Web Site How To:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I recall a thread on how to set up a web site, but I can't find it. I used the search feature with negative results. Can anyone direct me to that thread or offer advice on how to establish a web site. Thank You Much.

John T.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
One of the easier and better methods for the non-tech savvy person to make a nice website is to go to GoDaddy.com and do everything there. You can register your domain name, purchase the hosting and they have thousands of webpage and website templates you can customize to suit yourself. They have a thing called Website Tonight that makes it so anyone can do a website.

Doc

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
John,
A pencil artist friend used homestead.com to build his site. you can view his site for comparison, kenschuler.com Some of the forum members may like to see what a guy can do with a #2 pencil and yes they are the kind you sharpen not push a button for lead. Look under the new things section and you'll see one of two drawings that he used ...yours truly....as the subject.
I personally paid someone to set up mine. The only down side is that I don't have the control to move things around or add or delete photos, probably a good thing, lol.
Good luck in your endeavor, Merry Christmas,
Mark

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks folks. I need to set up a site. I'm long over due. Your suggestions are most appreciated.l

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Pencil Artist

As long as we are posting links to friends that are pencil artists... how about checking out my good buddy Jim Stovall's drawings. He calls himself Eagle Illustrations: http://www.eagleillustrations.com/

Check out the reflections in the paint on the old 1929 Ford:

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member
Depending how you want to market it, start a blog and link it to a domain name. That way you can use the "xyz.com" url instead of the "xyz.blogspot.com"

Latest posts

Sponsors