Wax Engraving

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris, Some years ago a map engraver on one of the three main embellishment forums. She engraved "old world" brass plate maps. It seems like she was from Russia or some where up in that part of the world. I had a link to her site but can't find it right now. Seems she engraved maps with dragons in the oceans and the edge of the world with all the calligraphy and symbols and the like around the edges. It might have been over on the knife network fine embellishment section, I just can't remember. Yours was an interesting article. Thanks for steering me to it. Fred

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I thought that I was fairly familiar with various printing methods like engraving, etching, stone and metal lithography, wood engraving etc. , but I had never heard of wax engraving. It was a fascinating article. Thanks Chris!

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bob, That is the person. Not the post I was referring to but that is her. Beautiful work. Thanks for the link. Thanks Roger for your input on my failing memory as well. Fred

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bob, yes I remember that post on Lindsay too, only that I did understand the technique as I didn't read the article Chris is pointing on..

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
interesting article, chris, as i recall- the lady did her maps direct on large copper sheet. i think she did these not to print with, but as the final piece of work. i don't know about lindsay, but i think her post was on sams' forum.