Help, please: Watch engraving ideas - your input please!

Greetings All,

I would like to have some engraving done on this watch (part of my collection) and would like to get your input about possible ideas. There is not a particularly large engraving area and the art nouveau dial itself is quite ornate. But I think engraving it would definitely make it look even cooler. I was thinking about rose gold inlay in the corners of the case and on the sides. Do you think this would work? What do you think would look cool? Any particular designs you would suggest?

Here is some general info about the watch itself:

Movement: Self-winding mechanical movement from Dubey & Schaldenbrand Chronometer-quality escapement, stop second
Finish: Rhodium plated with Côtes de Genève, blued steel screws

Case: Polished 316L surgical stainless steel. Carré cambré cushion shape
Dimensions: 34 x 34 mm, Height: 9.9 mm

Frequency: 28.800 vibrations per hour

Jewels: 22 / Incabloc

Power reserve: 42 hours

Functions: Hours, minutes, sweep seconds, large date, power reserve indication

Limited Edition: 250 pces in stainless steel

PS If interested in the project, please reply with a private message rather than to this post. Please keep in mind the watch was fairly expensive so this would only be a project for a seasoned professional.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• dubeycaprice03.jpg
    dubeycaprice03.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 132

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Beatiful watch, I think 316 stainless is hard to cut, you'll prabalby be sharpening gravers alot. Unless your very familier w inlaying I would go 24k gold instead of an alloy.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sure It is a nice watch and even could look better when engraved with a nice design.
I suggest you first make your own design for this and than ask for advice, as now it seems you want us to make a design for it.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors