Valerio Peli engraved Salvatore Puddu dagger

martinr

Salvatore Puddu did this dagger as a tribute to knifemaker Jim Schmidt. It's quite a large knife, blade length is 4" and overall is approximately 9 1/4". Great engraving by Peli of Creative Art from Italy. The leaves are two different colors. Photo by Jim Cooper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 218

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Martin,

Thank you for letting us see this fine piece, beautiful work by both knife maker and engraver!

It is a given, that any work coming from Creative Art will meet the highest standards of ornamental excellence, and this certainly does.

Can some one tell me what is the function of the big ornamented Button on the side of the knife, does this operate a flick spring?

best wishes

Rod

Last edited:

martinr

Martin,

Thank you for letting us see this fine piece, beautiful work by both knife maker and engraver!

It is a given, that any work coming from Creative Art will meet the highest standards of ornamental excellence, and this certainly does.

Can some one tell me what is the function of the big ornamented Button on the side of the knife, does this operate a flick spring?

best wishes

Rod

Rod, the large ornamental button is a thumb disc for opening the blade manually. Jim Schmidt daggers had similar thumb discs. Salvatore told me it seemed out of proportion to the rest of the knife but he wanted to stay faithful to the Schmidt style.