Used rolling mill

maplesm

Elite Cafe Member
Any ideas on source of used rolling mills.
About 70 mm flat and wire grooves direct or reduction drive.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
give ebay a whack. they sell stuff that aint even been invented yet !

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
I bought a rolling mill off of ebay...what a piece of junk. The ends of the rollers cracked. The company wouldn't warranty it, felt I didn't know what I was doing. The seller was embarrassed and did cover it. I ended up buying a Durston from Rio Grande. They have several price ranges, mine was a bit more because I wanted a 3" wide flat, for buckles. It also rolls into squar(ish) shapes and wire can be drawn down from there. It is geared so isn't as beastly as the one my old boss had.
You get what you pay for!

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
When I was setting up my trade shop, I really wanted one badly as it was a PITA having to do all my milling at the retail store I wasnt in a hurry so I kept my eye out for a nice machine. Ultimately I got extremely luvky and found a local auction that was selling a jewelers estate. I was able to get a motorized combination Cavallin Italian made mill at a fraction the cost of new. The tool suppliers have demo and used mills quite often. I would check with them regularly and let them know what you are looking to buy.

Lastly buy quality like Durston or Cavallin They will last several life times if taken care of properly.

Last edited:

maplesm

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks to all. I was afraid of the quality of some of the ebay listings so just decided it was better to spend a little more and bought a 70 mm Durston
from Otto Frieis .

Last edited:

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
You will be happy with that! Unfortunately, having not bought a piece of ####, you won't know just how happy you should be! LOL It will serve you well and last for years.

maplesm

Elite Cafe Member
Diandwill & Silverchip you are right. Save a penny now spend a dollor later. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Sponsors