Announcement: UK chance to try all current engraving sytems

phil

Elite Cafe Member
This is a good opportunity for anyone in the UK. Don't miss it if you are considering a purchase.

Harry-Forster Stringer will demonstrate the EnSet, GraverMax and Lindsay hand engraving machines in this informative demonstration workshop. *

Attendees will be able to try out the various systems and Harry, who has many years of experience using and demonstrating this type of equipment, will be on hand to answer any questions and give advice. This drop in event is aimed at those who already have engraving machines and would like to get more out of the equipment and also for those who might be considering purchasing an engraving system and would like to compare the different versions available.*

This event is organized by the Hand Engravers Association of Great Britain and whilst the event is offered at no charge we would suggest that those attending the event make a contribution of at least £5 per person.*

Date: Monday 21st October 2013*

Tine: 10.00am – 4.00pm *(demonstrations will take place at regular intervals throughout the day)

Venue: Craft Central,*33-35 St John's Square,*London.*EC1M 4DS

For more information please contact The Hand Engravers Association:

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Oops. I missed the contact details out.

The Hand Engravers Association
Studio 23
Centre Space
6 Leonard Lane
Bristol BS1 1EA

Tel: 0750 046 2910

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Dont know about record it ?? but will post and let you know what I think should I get to try each of the systems as this is my reason for going to compare each one side by side.
Ray

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Up date on the demo day after 5 hours drive and train ride I made it to st johns square the guys were running late with van trouble but made it in the end all be 40min late then 1/2 setup .
my main reason for the trip up was to compare the En-Set and the grs system but then Harry found that the foot control for the en-set was still in nottingham under the bench which sort of killed the day.
But I did have the chance to give the Gravermach AT a run and I must say I wasn't disappointed with the way it performed
very well on heavy cutting and fine shading as well with both foot control and palm touch.
would have been better if we could have run the enset at the same time so thats about all as I had a 5 hour return run I took my leave and head home .
Ray

Last edited:

Martinos

I also attended this . I also made the trip to compare the Enset with the grs equipment. Also to meet one of the members here. After finding the venue and the room it was being held in I was unable to test the Enset. The only reason for me to attend. I stayed for half an hour , Harry was very helpfull in answering my questions ,but not what I was expecting from the description. On the plus side I was able to join my wife and daughter shopping in Oxford street earlier than they thought. Or should I say earlier than they wanted.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
An Enset is a relatively new engraving system. I use one and like it. Look on Tira Mitchells website Engraver.com for more information .She is the dealer you need to visit with if you want one.

phil

Elite Cafe Member
:(Oh! What a disappointment. I'm sorry to have given a nudge towards this event when it seems to have been a bit of a letdown. I personally didn't go because i am happy with my GRS system. Not only that, I am financially challenged at the moment and couldn't justify travel expenses never mind a new system.
Sorry again guys and gals. I really thought this would have been a good day out for you.

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Silverchip, however after reviewing the website and videos I don't think it is for me.

An Enset is a relatively new engraving system. I use one and like it. Look on Tira Mitchells website Engraver.com for more information .She is the dealer you need to visit with if you want one.