Help, please: Uberti 1866 template

Douglas

I'm looking for a template for an Uberti 1866. I search the site and so far I came up empty. JJ Roberts had a lot of templates in the tips area but not an 1866.
I need to draw-up some ideas and would like to be able to draw it on the actual size.
Can anyone help me?

Would be very appreciative and Thankful

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Doug,If you have the Uberti you can make your own templates.All you need is Vellum tracing paper,I like the Vellum because it a heaver paper.Just cut it in small pieces and lay it the section of the gun part and with a 2b pencil make a rubbing,this way you can pick up the out line of the part and any screw and pin holes.I hope this will help. J.J.

JJ Roberts

Doug,Are there any SASS shooting event in your area,or try to find a SASS members with a 1866 from Taylor & Co.I did engrave an 1866 years ago I go back in my files and see if I can find a template.Do you have a copy of R.L. Wilson's book L.D.Nimschke fireams engraver,there are many good photos of 1866's and they look darn near life size.Hope this helps.J.J.

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

Andrew,You got me thinking about Doug designing to quote on the project,is he getting paid for the drawings? Always ask for payment for any art work this way you'll know if the customer is serious, it is business J.J.

Douglas

Thanks for your help.
I was at a gun shop today buying a used gun and noticed they had a 1866 Henry on the rack asked if I could make outline of the gun, and they graciously allowed me.

You never know where there is opportunities.