Two of a kind

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just finished building these. I am debating about how much engraving I want to do on the . I am considering engraving just the feet and a little border around the rim.

twofer.jpg

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dave,

These are looking great!

I guess most of us would enjoy seeing any stage by stage photos of your process, might you have some pics to post?

best

Rod

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful pieces, really excelent craftsmanship, how did you make the bowls Dave, forcing them on a lathe? ( I dont know how it is called in Englisch)
I am with you about the engraving, just the foot and around the rim, it would make them even more outstanding.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice goblets. How did you form the bowls, spinning, deep draw press, raising by hand?

We've made some large sterling communion chalices by hand for some of the large churches in Baltimore. Everyone we did the bowl portions of them were raised by hand the old fashion way!

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very beautiful and I agree with your engraving plan. Too much would take away from the simple beauty of the form. This kind of smithing is one thing I've always wanted to learn but just never have had the time. One of these days!
Layne

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been fascinated with metal spinning ever since I was just a pup. I have a friend that is to me the best living classically trained silversmith alive today.I went to see him for three days to get a lesson and get better acquainted as we had only really known each other slightly before.Randy Stomsoe in California is amazing and a great guy.We now are planning to do some workshops out his studio in the upcoming year,Check out Randys website and FB page if you get the chance.He is interested in engraving but has not taken the time in his illustrious career to give it a try. Anyhow these wine goblets are now a realized dream for me and hope to continue using what I learned in conjunction with the rest of my bag of tricks!!!!!

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Dave Beautiful work.
I have meet Randy and seen his work You are right behind him in the silversmith work. I would like to one day study silversmithing with Randy. I used to visit him up in Paso Robles at the Art center. I lost contact with him.
Keep up the great work and come and visit me again.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that is classy! IMHO a small border around the rim in the same style would not be too much.

Bill