Two New Practice Plates

Steveareno

Inspired by Silverchip’s visit a month ago I thought I would make a couple of silver cuff bracelets for practice. For the project I will use only hand push gravers and an optivisor. I just drew in the design free hand and gave it a try.

Bracelet #1

Bracelet #2

The two Bracelets Finished

It was a challenge and fun but, next time I will use all my power assist tools and scope. I learned a lot and think I got a little better. Next project I will spend more time on layout and design. I will study my various books and DVD’s with more intensity. On a final note I think I am at the point that I have a good enough understanding of the tools and concept to take a class and really appreciate and benefit from it.

Thanks for checking it out,
Steve Shepherd

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, very nice work, all with a hand pushed engraver, to me that's impressive in it self. I certainly don't have the knowledge to comment on your work but to a guy fairly new to the process my eyes tell me I think the work is attractive and well cut.

Thanks for sharing.

scott99

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
New class just added. If you waited too long and missed out on earlier Basic Western Engraving classes, this one is for you! Call 800-835-3519 today to enroll.

Nice work! GRS just added a class taught by Diane Scalese running concurrent with Mr. Watt's class. A great opportunity!

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful bracelets, I love the second and I see that it is continuously drawn. At the first you copied Thats what I do often. Hence I find the second a challenge and go try it by myself. Thanks for sharing greetings Caty.

Latest posts

Sponsors