tuition and real life education

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hubris and ego can be a *****! I've been working on my largest project to date... and messed it up. I continued though- hoping it work really be okay. When I stopped and admitted to myself and my customer I had erred big time and had to start over... WHAT a relief. Lesson learned and tuition paid!

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, sorry to hear of your troubles. Everybody errs one time or another,just another of the little bumps that make things interesting, I hope it is all resolved without too much cost.

scott99

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
As they say a man who has not made a mistake has never done anything.

If I had a dollar for each of my mistakes five or six of us could retire wealthy.
Ray

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cloudy,
While we've got you on the line.......

I was watching the Woodwright's Shop this morning and it was about planes. Roy's guest had an engraved jack plane. It had a border of scrollwork and a carpenter's square engraved in the major space. I immediately thought of you and wondered if it was your work.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cloudy: i know how you feel. have had the experience so many times, well i could probably start a 'support group" for those souls in need of uplifting.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Experience allows you to avoid mistakes. Mistakes are what give you experience."

I agreed with Steve

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I feel your pain Katherine. Been there more than once. Every time has been a lesson. Some of the smaller mistakes have helped me avoid even larger pitfalls later down the road. Still makes you a little sick every time it happens though.
Hope the next one goes well!
Layne

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
I was watching PBS, Bob Ross painting show and he had a complete show on fixing his mistakes, I think the secret there is learning how to fix your mistakes or cover them up. misspelling is probably the worst.

Beladran

Elite Cafe Member
bob ross was the man! guy could paint a work of art in 20 min and make it look so effortless with his "happy trees" "happy clouds" lol

Latest posts

Sponsors