Question: Trinocular photo port,what i need to use it?

mrthe

I need some help,i'm not a great expert about trinoculars scopes hehehe, just recently bought a micro trinocular, the third port "photo port" does not have lenses, i have tested tested putting an eyepiece (the hole is more large for shure) but does not focus at the same distance as the others i have read that this scope allow work with the three ports at the same time....but.... what i need exactly in order to be able to record videos on my computer from this photo port?
I have see eyepiece cameras but i do not know exactly what type it would be well for this type of photo port or if i need some type of lens supplementary to be able to use this type of usb cameras in this photo port, anyone has any solution?
Heare some photos of the photo port in the scope.
thank you very much for the help!

la foto.jpg la foto copia.jpg

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i think when you go to the foto port, i believe one of the occulars gets hijacked to serve the #3 tube. you would normally not need any lenses in that tube-- other than what's already onboard. the #3 tube is strictly for a camera, not an eyepiece. if you have a camera, getting an adaptor should be easy. your camera dealer, ebay, even our "buy & sell" section on the forum. just as a test, carefully lower your camera down onto the #3 tube and see what sort of image you get.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It looks like you have a scope that requires a c-mount. Usually there is a piece designed specifically for your scope with the exact diameter and depth that would go onto, or screw into the black area. This piece would have the "lens" that would be needed so that the c-mount cameras will work. C-mount cameras do not come with a lens. On to this c-mount you would usually screw or mount the camera. If you e-mail me with the exact type of scope (make and model) I can check on exactly what parts you may need for your set up.

Latest posts

Sponsors