Transfer

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yeah, just 1 more way. this seems a quite interesting way to avoid trashing all the plastic sheets i've cut to pieces. i assume that the tape is applied when the ink has dried. i know when i print these transfers, i must wait about 15-20 minutes, or the burnishing on the item just smears to a mess. once i print these, i can usually wait about a day before burnishing. about day @ 2, they seem to work very poorly or not at all. i use an hp with # 92 black.

Tim

Monk-I noticed that if I use a hairline outline and no fill,I'm able to print and use the tape immediately with no mess. Maybe the difference in printers changes how this works. *I've only tried the two printers I named in the video. It is nice reusing the transparency over and over, I've been using the same film for three weeks now. One thing I forgot to mention, I had to tape a piece of paper on the back of the 3m transparency when running it through the Epson CX8400 so it would recognize it.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's pretty good.
I can see there being a couple misfires with placement on larger objects. How time sensitive is it?

Tim

That's pretty good.
I can see there being a couple misfires with placement on larger objects. How time sensitive is it?

It's really not time sensitive, I print and go immediately to the tape and apply to metal.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
tim: even the hairline on my hp leaves quite a bit of ink. tryin to work it so soon--- blurry mess !

Tim

tim: even the hairline on my hp leaves quite a bit of ink. tryin to work it so soon--- blurry mess !

Can you get into your settings? I do not have a HP but, would like to know if we could figure it out on your printer.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Try going into your paper type output for example if you would pick cardstock it would lay a heavier toner/ink on it so try different papertypes

Carlos De La O III

Tim

Do you print on the rough side or smooth side of the transparency?

Both sides of the film I use are smooth. It's 3M Write-on Transparency Film,I had to tape some paper to the back of it when using the epson CX8400 so it would run it through. The other one I used is a self-adhesive made for color copiers. It's made by Chartpak and part # CCG10