Transfer spray

DarrylG

Hello everyone
I’m Transferring large images on bike parts with transfer wax, problem is it gets rubed off,and the heat from my light softens it ,are there any sprays I can spray on my transfer ?
Thank you

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
there are many ways to do transfers. check the tips section. if the base is wax, i'm not sure you can spray the stuff. i'd think the spray solution would wreak havoc on the wax.

DaveatWeirs

You could try the toner printer and acetone transfer method for a more robust transfer but either way you should deffo scribe the lines before you start engraving like rweigel said. It's annoying and time consuming but not as annoying and time consuming as spending a lot of your concentration trying to avoid smudging your lines and then having to redo the layouts again after you inevitably smudge a bit

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
Check the thread just below your question. There are some suggestions on transfers and a good Youtube video suggested. If you transfer with a laser printer, heating the transfer will make it less likely to smear. There are many suggestions on how to transfer images. Most likely all possibilities are on this forum somewhere. If I remember there is one that uses hair spray.

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Have begun doing as others have suggested, use a scribe and indelibly mark the design into the part being engraved, at that point there is no more worry about smears, smudges, or disappearing lines, it does add a little bit of time to the overall project but well worth it in the stress reduction department.

I use the acetone transfer method

Good Luck

YMMV

Sponsors