Transfer problem

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam I"m using a Brother HL 2130 toner printer, bakery parchment, pure Damar, and that works great.

However, if you use a Brother inkjet, then you could be right about not working. :)

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
That's good to know Arnaud. I've never owned a Brother laser printer but my students have told me they don't work with the acetone method.

I should experiment more with damar and parchment for my Canon printer.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Where can I find info to do this ( eliminate the heating element )?

Carlos De La O III

What I did Carlos is remove the cover of the printer, the you find in the upper part two rolls, the upper one is the heating roll.
First you have to remove two springs, very easy done with a plier, now it is possible to pull back the upper rol.
To fix the roll in that position you take some wire (iron or copper will do) and tie the roll permanent in that position.
The space between the two rolls prevent that the toner is getting heated.
On the Samsung 1640 there is a little switch at the back, you have to tape that in working position (why isn't told me).
Now you can put back the cover and it´s done, it´s better to remove some lids of the printer there where the paper is running true to prevent the toner is smudging when the paper is making kontakt with those lids.
I do all the prints on Epson tranparancie sheets, with the Tome White system they advise a certain type of sheet but I think with this method any type will do.
The sticky fluid I use is 25% Dammar and 75% Zippo.

The pictures don´t show up in logical order but I think you will get it by watching them in random order.

Attachments

• Transfer parts 002.jpg
    Transfer parts 002.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 94
  • Transfer parts 003.jpg
    Transfer parts 003.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Transfer parts 001.jpg
    Transfer parts 001.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 94
  • samsung1640.jpg
    samsung1640.jpg