Ti ring with emotional elements in the designs [Photos]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This one was ordered by my oldest son. I had to implement some emotional elements.
There had to be two scrolls starting from roots at the bottom of the ring, that would join on top of the ring is a sort of embracing symbol with their child Kika.
For that Kika element I used a flower that was on the birthday card, some Mexican Fire Opal for the colour orange and a diamond in centre.

There also had to be a portrait of Seeli, the home rabbit who died last year.
So I made one scroll a bit shorter so to have the space for that Bulino 1cm x1cm.
The ring on top is 10 mm and 8 mm on the back
It was the first time I tried some fur with the Bulino technique and on top of that it wasn’t a flat surface.
I also only had 9 stones for the flower, so o option to break one. And as the profile height of the ring was only 1 ½ mm, I had to drill the holes very precisely.

Anyway, when my son gave it as a present to his wife on Christmas, she was that emotional about it that she was crying because of happiness with it. On top she had no idea Jasper, her husband, ordered this present for her. And most of the times, it is real hard to keep a present for a wife secret.

I know I will have to practice a lot more on Bulino Style, and I will do that this year. I experienced that very small Bulino is the way to start. That because it doesn’t take that long.

Anyway, as the lady didn’t take the ring of so far, both the lady, Jasper and Kika sure like the ring, and that is good enough for me at this time.
Making the photo wasn't that easy and sure it looks much better with the naked eye.

arnaud

Birthday card

The design

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is a great reward for an artist or craftsman when the recipient has a positive emotional response. This is an example of where a jeweler is better rewarded than a gun engraver who very rarely, if ever, expieriences an emotional resopnse from his or her patron.

RB

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks all,

Roger, indeed emotional jewelry is an category on itself in the jewelry business.

Chris, yes patience was a must setting these Fire Opals in Ti.

Arnaud

Jeroen

A lovely ring indeed!

And the rabbit is not just "a" rabbit, one who knew the rabbit recognizes it as Seelie. I think that prooves the bulino was well executed!

A really beautiful ring, Arnaud!

Jeroen

Latest posts

Sponsors