Thoughts on GRS System 3?

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On the Ngraver system, it is a good piece of equipment and a good tool to learn with. As far as the flex shaft being in the way, it is designed to hold the graver at the angle we use for engraving. In other words, the piece being engraved is turned INTO the graver, not to chase the graver along the lines. It seems some forget that rule, whether using air assisted or mechanical assisted tools. Just my take on the discussion.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh I'm way ahead if you on the ear plugs, I'm the guy, all my buddies give me a hard time for wearing ear and eye protection all the time.

That compressor from the like looks pretty good, is it still working good for you?

Jesse Beckham
Lost Penguin Leather
Wichita Falls, Texas

Works great!

Just make sure and buy from Amazon or home depot, not all models are that quiet, there are clones out there, some people just want to save money these are very cheap to start with when compared to some of the very quiet 1200 dollar range compressors, remember buy from a trusted seller. Just my two cents worth good luck

Carlos De La O III

Last edited:

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jesse

All of these tools are only as good as the hand that wields them.............However, of the two you have it down to I would suggest that the GraverSmith would be the better choice.

It has a wider range of speed, power and versatility. In other words you get more bang for your buck. It can go from super fine to ultra heavy. All of which is confusing right now but you will find out the importance of all this once you get going.

I would also recommend the 901 handpiece as it is also versatile and covers the whole range of power and finesse. If you have small hands then you may find the Monarch handpiece a better choice as it's slightly smaller.

If you look in the buy/sell part of the forum you may be able to pick one up second hand.

Cheers
Andrew