Thieves visited me in my shop

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The police officers came into my house bringing some files about what happened. I have no companies on them, they do their job very accurate. Maybe because the officer is a woman, I don’t know but they are doing great.
I was told by them that this violence has priority as it there are more heavy circumstances the way it happened. So the mobile phone traffic in that area is screened end so on.

So to me there is a chance the thieves are held

arnaud

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
IP cameras

Hi Arnaud,

I installed some years ago an IP camera system in a friend's jewelry shops. He has two shops that are attended by his daughter and son and also a workshop at home. The system let him watch at the two shops simultaneously and also between each other.
Furthermore, as Mario said, it is possible to watch at your shop from any place in the world and from your cell smartphone.
The system can be expanded at very sophisticated stages and it is quite easy to be configure. Just dealing a bit with the IP addresses.
The cameras are motorized and you can move it up and down, rotate, and zoom in and out. Also it is possible to turn the audio on to listening the live sound and even speech from the camera.
You can found these cameras for as low as 50 euros and you do not need to have a computer to have it connected to. Just a router with Internet access and you can link the camera to it wired or wireless.
I am pasting some links here to let you know more about it.

http://stores.ebay.es/amazon-sell
http://www.kintronics.com/neteye/neteye.html

Best regards,
Leonardo.

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Leonardo, sounds interesting. i didn't know a webcam could upload without the use of PC and software. As that is what I understand
But probably some routers with Interna are able to

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Leonardo, sounds interesting. I didn’t know a router is able to sent pictures on the Internet without the use of a computer. But now that I think about it, yes sounds good.
And I also prefer to setup a configuration by myself that spending too much money and monthly membership for something that I can do by myself for much less money.
That because perhaps in de US some of these systems are not expensive, sure they are here.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Leonardo, i will call you on Skype next week when you have the time. I would love that you explain that to me.

regards, arnaud

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
I will be glad of having a video conference with you Arno.

I can advance you that you only need a camera like that. I know you are very capable of doing this setup by yourself and you will be amazed and very happy having it runing in an hour or so.
Go ahead... buy the camera! It is all you need. No montly spences other that you actual ISP costs.

All the best,
Leonardo.

Last edited:

canadian

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud,
My sympathies are with you!
Unfortunately , as the economy gets worse there are more and more freeloaders that don't like to work and pray on those who because of their hard work make a decent living.
I am very sorry that it happened to you. The worse part of it is that one feels violated in ones own home or shop.
Good luck to you.
Best,
Boris

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Boris, yes you are right, it is not the lost of money only that matters, it is like you said "feeling violated in your own safe place".

Thanks for your supporting words, arnaud

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
How sad to read your post, Arnuad,

It must be much worse that taking a cold shower at the start of the season of "..Goodwill to all...".

I will presume that this has been a vary rare thing in your life, and if it is, then when the unexpected occurs, it is doubly sad and upsetting.

You have done the correct thing in describing the situation to your colleagues here on the forum, sharing with others who do not judge always allows a bit more 'room' to process the sense of hurt and loss.

I do not write this idly, two years ago, after a lifetime of impeccable customer trust, I had a world famous flute player steal two valuable flutes that I had made, $11,000 total. I was mystified, until I learned, belatedly, he had turned gambling addict, and indeed had scammed many colleagues. Shortly afterwards I was robbed of a large sum while passing through Ireland. I write this to let you know that I hear you, and offer my support that your items will be recovered, hopefully soon, and with that your sense of worth and well being will continue as before...generous and outgoing.

With every good wish...

Rod

Layne A

Arno, you are very lucky they visited after you were gone. This past week we lost a dear friend in her bookstore to the worst of cowards. Nothing of material value taken, except an extremely talented lady's life and the wealth of knowledge she had. I too, am sorry for your loss. Keep your chin up.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod, Layne, thank you for you sympathy and comforting words.

Indeed it is even worse when a live is taken for nothing.

arnaud

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry to hear the bad news Arnaud, It's hard to understand why someone could be turn that way to do something like that. Hang in there and don't give up!

Dwayne

Daniel Houwer

Elite Cafe Member
Thats bad new Arnaud,
To lazy to work a proper job they come rob the people who put their soul into their work.
I hope your insurence is up to standards. They are kind of thieves as well it seems. Sometimes they can produce small letters that say you were not as well insured as they told you before.

I hope you can put this behind you soon and get back to make the beautifull jewelery you produce.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On Saturday again there was a armed hold up on a jewellery shop in Tubeke Belgium.
One of the two robbers is shot down and killed by the jeweller. It was the fourth time he got uninvited visitors in his shop.
So he decided to buy a gun, but illegal. The thief that is killed was only 17. So probably the jeweller will go to jail. Although most of the peoples reactions are “Well done, and the jeweller should be granted with a medal”

Anyway, this is Sunday and I’m now re-cutting the stolen Ti wedding rings with the text on the outside.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Dwayne, no I'm not giving up.

Daniel, no I don’t have insurance anymore. As I paid 12 years for it until I realised that whatever could happen, the insurance never would pay.
That because then you have to make it impossible for thieves to steel, in other words, all jewellery has to be in a safe, you need a more sophisticated alarm system with a surveye company you have to pay every month and so on.
And even then, they would not pay for your time and work, only for the material. So Titanium is not valuable anyway.
And paying for a insurance is that expensive because of the risk, that it is quite impossible for me to have all of that paid.

arnaud

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud,

Ik wens je veel sterkte met het verwerken van deze inbreuk op je privacy. Ik ben blij voor je dat je workshop nog intact is en dat ze van je gereedschap zijn afgebleven.
Werkstukken zijn persoonlijk en duur, maar gereedschap daar zit je ziel in.

I hope you recover soon from these idiots.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes indeed Hora, we can not work without our tools. They have the most value and makes it possible to start all over.
Thank you

arnaud

Keith

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud,
I dont know how your tax laws work, check to see if you can write off the loss on your taxes this year.

Latest posts

Sponsors